Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22 May 2006, 10:14   #1
Country: UK - England
Town: Rickmansworth
Make: Ocean 6.3
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200 Mariner
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 93
Registering a rib

Hey guys my boats nearly ready for the water!!! Purchased the rib from the isle of man and was given some registration documents. Do i need to re-register the rib as its now somewhere else? Also with regards to vhf i have a licence and the boat has a call sign (on a alu plate attached to the console)do i need to do anything else? If so who do i need to contact? Thanks for any help....

Phill27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2006, 10:38   #2
Richard B's Avatar
Country: UK - England
Town: Devon
Boat name: White Ice
Make: Ranieri
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki 115hp
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 5,015
Phil - congrats!

There's no mandatory registration for the UK mainland (except for some local authorities/harbours). However, it might be worth sending the papers you've got to the IOM authority to de-register your craft.

You should contact OFCOM to register the call-sign. If you use the same boat name and/or give the existing call-sign they will most likely allocate that same call sign back to you.

You can optionally register your RIB with the coastguard - CG66 - which is for your own safety. You can also optionally register the RIB on the Small Ships Register which is advisable if you wish to travel abroad.

Richard B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2006, 10:51   #3
Country: UK - Isle of Man
Town: Port St Mary
Boat name: No room for a name
Make: Honwave 2.7 ie
Length: 3m +
Engine: Honda 5
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 93
You will, or should have been give a blue log book, just like the green logbooks we had in the uk for cars prior to the registration docs you now have. just send that to Department of Transport, Douglas Harbour control, Douglas IOM
and state in your letter that the rib has been "exported to the uk" no other info is required and you may find that the DOT have been informed of the sale of the craft to save the DOT invoicing for slipway fees.

Anybody else looking for a rib, the prices are lower here than in the UK

I took my last rib to Northern Ireland to get a better price.
Dave B is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:10.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.