Old 23 July 2006, 18:46   #1

Town: Redbay
Boat name: Cuchulainn
Make: Redbay
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2 x Yam ME432 315hp
Redbay Boats At Their Best

Customers often thank their boat builder personally but few seem to do it publicly. As an existing customer of Redbay Boats I have just taken delivery of my second rib, moving up from an 8.4 to the new 11m Touring Version. To say the boat is outstanding is an understatement. The boat is fitted with twin Yamaha ME432 315hp engines with twin duo prop outdrives and a host of the latest Raymarine electronics. On my first trip out yesterday we topped 40 knots with ease. It was a fresh day with a moderate sea of 3-4ft waves on the nose. Sitting in suspension KAB seats with the trim tabs fully down we cruised from Redbay to Rathlin for a pint and back and did it with an unsettling ease that I havent been used to before. Having circumnavigated Ireland last July in a jockey seat, this is real comfort.

To Tom McLaughlin, Gary Fyfe, Paddy McCambridge and the rest of the Redbay Team what can I say except thanks and I'll express my gratitude in pints over the next few weeks. Next friday cant come soon enough for some more familiarisation with the new set up. I will be at the Rid Raid next Sunday so if you are there pull along side and see what the next generation of Redbay Ribs looks like.

I will post photos later but in the mean time have a look at the Latest News section on the Redbay site.

www.redbayboats.com

Old 23 July 2006, 21:35   #2

Town: Dublin
Boat name: wizzard
Make: REDBAY
Length: 7m +
Engine: 225 optimax
Well done put a post on the cruising section, to put some names to the list for rib raid 2006, you are absolutly right about Redbay, it does what it says on the tin, tough built, well thought out and after sale service second to none.
Good luck with your new boat and see you at the Ribraid

WHEN THE CAT IS AWAY THE MICE GO TO REDBAY..............
gavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2006, 21:42   #3

Town: Dublin & Enniscrone
Boat name: K'adó
Length: 7m +
Engine: Suzuki 300
New Boat

Tim

Congrats!! What a stunner!!!

Delighted to see her make it to the water. Everything about her says "please sir, can I have one too?"

I have no doubt you will have many hours of serious cruising with her.

Enjoy.
Old 23 July 2006, 22:05   #4

Town: Redbay
Boat name: Cuchulainn
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2 x Yam ME432 315hp
Thanks guys and Ezgoing, thanks for the offer of the use of your rib in Marbella but was just a bit uncomfortable about using someones elses boat. If shit going to happen, thats when its going to happen. If you know of anything for sale down there let me know
Old 24 July 2006, 15:03   #5
JIY

Town: Largs
Boat name: Spitfire
Make: XS850
Length: 8m +
Engine: 2 x 200 Verado
MMSI: 235905304
A beautiful boat Tim, I'm very envious.

Being honest, I haven't been a great fan of Redbay Boats until recently, but I've been occasionally skippering the Kintyre Express, another 11m, and I think I've fallen in love with it! As you say, it has awesome performance, whatever the weather, and the build quality seems really good.

Perhaps I need to have a long (very long) talk with my bank manager......

Very best wishes with Cuchulainn.

Jim