Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 02 July 2012, 16:16   #21
RIBnet admin team
 
willk's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Make: Redbay Boats
Length: 9m +
Engine: 370hp
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 12,928
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMBER P4VWL View Post
Wow, they are amazing.
Yes, they're very nice boats.

And now they have a bit of (fuel efficient) competition in the Pilot market.

I expect that some Ex-calibur fans will be quick into the fray at this point to highlight the use of the "wrong" water in the sea trial
__________________

__________________
willk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 July 2012, 16:36   #22
Member
 
HUMBER P4VWL's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: N Wales Chester
Boat name: Mr Smith
Make: Humber
Length: 6m +
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by willk

Yes, they're very nice boats.

And now they have a bit of (fuel efficient) competition in the Pilot market.

I expect that some Ex-calibur fans will be quick into the fray at this point to highlight the use of the "wrong" water in the sea trial
So which 16m boat would be more seaworthy IYHO? What would the prices be too?
__________________

__________________
HUMBER P4VWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 July 2012, 16:40   #23
RIBnet admin team
 
willk's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Make: Redbay Boats
Length: 9m +
Engine: 370hp
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 12,928
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMBER P4VWL View Post
So which 16m boat would be more seaworthy IYHO? What would the prices be too?
Can't help you there, sorry! You'd need to talk to the Redbay Sales Department, I think they have someone on here...

__________________
willk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 July 2012, 16:54   #24
Member
 
Ribliam's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Town: Cork
Boat name: No name
Make: Redbay 650
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki OB
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 89
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
Yes, they're very nice boats.

And now they have a bit of (fuel efficient) competition in the Pilot market.

I expect that some Ex-calibur fans will be quick into the fray at this point to highlight the use of the "wrong" water in the sea trial
Very nice craft oh and the" water looked ok to me" still would'nt want to be filling those tanks no matter how fuel efficient ..
__________________
Ribliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 July 2012, 16:55   #25
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Glasgow
Length: no boat
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
Yes, they're very nice boats.

And now they have a bit of (fuel efficient) competition in the Pilot market.

Hi Willk, any idea what engines they have in her?
__________________
Siochair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 July 2012, 17:06   #26
RIBnet admin team
 
willk's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Make: Redbay Boats
Length: 9m +
Engine: 370hp
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 12,928
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siochair View Post
Hi Willk, any idea what engines they have in her?
They say "Power is coming from twin Volvo Penta D9 500hp engines coupled to ZF gearboxes with shafts and rudders."
__________________
willk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 July 2012, 17:38   #27
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Glasgow
Length: no boat
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
They say "Power is coming from twin Volvo Penta D9 500hp engines coupled to ZF gearboxes with shafts and rudders."

Well that's bound to get her shifting along. Any idea what the performance figure are or is it too soon to tell yet?

When will they be letting you loose on her?


__________________
Siochair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 July 2012, 17:52   #28
Member
 
Crusher's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southampton
Boat name: Bubbas Bouy
Length: 7m +
Engine: Mercruiser
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 626
RIBase
Awesome looking piece of kit, granted

RIB it's not!! Unless I am mistaken there looks to be nothing inflatable (that's the 'i! Bit in RIB) on the boat (not including life jackets)!!

So wots it doing on here?????

Mr administrator please delete this thread
__________________
Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 July 2012, 17:57   #29
Member
 
HUMBER P4VWL's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: N Wales Chester
Boat name: Mr Smith
Make: Humber
Length: 6m +
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher
Awesome looking piece of kit, granted

RIB it's not!! Unless I am mistaken there looks to be nothing inflatable (that's the 'i! Bit in RIB) on the boat (not including life jackets)!!

So wots it doing on here?????

Mr administrator please delete this thread
Rofl. Willk baiting!
__________________
HUMBER P4VWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 July 2012, 18:02   #30
RIBnet admin team
 
willk's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Make: Redbay Boats
Length: 9m +
Engine: 370hp
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 12,928
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMBER P4VWL View Post
Rofl. Willk baiting!
Yeah, he's gonna be quite "dogged" about it too, I can tell
__________________

__________________
willk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.