Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 14 May 2015, 15:11   #1
Member
 
kerny's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Ashton-under-Lyne Lancs
Boat name: IMOGEN
Make: Air-Craft 5.4
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 60
MMSI: 235087492
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7,040
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to kerny
Rearming kit on L.J.

Do you need to replace the whole kit or do gas bottles have an expiry date too. Checked the bottles and can't find an expiry date on them so I presume that as long as the bottles are not damaged in any way they are still good to use.
__________________

__________________
Member of S.A.B.S. (Lancashire Division)
kerny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2015, 16:05   #2
RIBnet admin team
 
willk's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Make: Redbay Boats
Length: 9m +
Engine: 370hp
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 12,925
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerny View Post
Do you need to replace the whole kit or do gas bottles have an expiry date too. Checked the bottles and can't find an expiry date on them so I presume that as long as the bottles are not damaged in any way they are still good to use.
Gas bottle gets inspected (yours is good) and weighed. There will be a weight stamped on it. Kitchen scales will suffice. It must NOT weigh less than the stamped weight.
__________________

__________________
"Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?"
.
willk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2015, 17:04   #3
Member
 
Ribochet's Avatar
 
Country: UK - N Ireland
Town: Rostrevor
Boat name: Ricochet
Make: Redbay
Length: 7m +
Engine: Twin F115 Yams
MMSI: 235083269
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 911
This recent PBO article is very good

Service your lifejacket - Practical Boat Owner
__________________
Maximum Preparation - Maximum Fun
Ribochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2015, 10:11   #4
Member
 
kerny's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Ashton-under-Lyne Lancs
Boat name: IMOGEN
Make: Air-Craft 5.4
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 60
MMSI: 235087492
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7,040
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to kerny
Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
Gas bottle gets inspected (yours is good) and weighed. There will be a weight stamped on it. Kitchen scales will suffice. It must NOT weigh less than the stamped weight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribochet View Post
This recent PBO article is very good

Service your lifejacket - Practical Boat Owner

Thanks Guys, plenty info on that link too
__________________
Member of S.A.B.S. (Lancashire Division)
kerny is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.