Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 11 April 2012, 13:42   #11
SPR
Trade member
 
SPR's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Central Belt of Scotland
Boat name: Puddleduck III
Make: Bombard
Length: 5m +
Engine: 50 HP
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,066
Ok , I confirm that it has been deferred to 2014 - I got a phone call yesterday regarding this.

regards

Scott
__________________
SPRmarine / SPRtraining
RYA Training Courses & Safety Equipment Sales
SPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2012, 13:46   #12
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Make: Destroyer 5.5/Ring18
Length: 3m +
Engine: Yam 90HP/Yam200HP
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 447
Ok cheers, I will now cancel that holiday up the west coast of Scotland, will now go and let my mates know also.
__________________

__________________
69cmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2012, 14:02   #13
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Easdale
Make: Humber/Quinquari
Length: 10m +
Engine: Outboard
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 297
EASDALE - 25th June
You will be passing within 100m of Easdale Island on your way north.
Easdale is 12 miles south of Oban.
Seafari Adventures operates from Easdale. Local information available. E mail us if required. We listen in on Ch77 and will probably have RIBs out at the Corryvreckan on that day.

Tony
__________________
Tony Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2012, 19:39   #14
Dhf
Member
 
Dhf's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Length: no boat
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,012
Sorry to hear of the postponing there Cookee, I was really looking forward to taking photo's of the race passing the Pembrokshire coast in numbers, However we will be out there on the 23rd and hope to get some good pics of you guys passing Pembs, If there's any assistance we can offer please don't hesitate to contact.
Good luck on your highly commended voyage
__________________
Dhf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2012, 03:51   #15
Member
 
Cookee's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Salcombe, Devon, UK
Boat name: BananaShark
Make: BananaShark
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2xYanmar 260 diesels
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,225
First of all and most importantly - Paul - I'll call you later I had no idea you weren't well?

In order:

Chris - We should be passing though there on that date sometime in the afternoon depending on weather!

PeterM - It's so early we haven't even called the marinas yet but really what I'm after is advice on which marina to stay in, diesel availability, even suggestions on different venues that would suit the trip better?

250kts - Nothing is booked yet - I think that it would be best on Town Quay for exposure and we have friends at Salterns

SPR - Thanks for the PM

Alan - At the moment we are still heading for Poole but you're making a good case for Portsmouth!

Tony Hill - Maybe we could pop in and say hi as we're passing if we have time!

Dragonhawk - Sorry the fleet is reduced to one! We'll do our best to put on a show - we have quite an impressive rooster!

To everyone - Thank you for such a wonderful response on this thread, in PM's and by email (cookee@bananasharkracing.com) - What we are looking for right now is local contacts at marinas on our list, the PR company who work for our sponsors E-Lites are currently working away like beavers trying to make the best of the situation so that I can go to people with the full story of how much publicity we'll be giving people so I expect to be calling everyone next week asking for a berth for the night!

Fuel availability is also a criteria for us as you can imagine, and if I can get anyone to give us some very cheap or even for free that would be even better! For every litre I get I'll add 50p to the kitty - does everyone think that's reasonable?

We would obviously like to raise some more money on the way round (or even before we set off), so if anyone has any brilliant ideas that would be brilliant.

That's all I can think of for now - maybe some ideas for lunch stops where we can rattle the tin en route?

Thanks again you lot - you're brilliant!
__________________
Cookee
Originally Posted by Zippy
When a boat looks that good who needs tubes!!!
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2012, 06:48   #16
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Portsmouth
Boat name: Not sure
Make: ABC/Priddy
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2 x 500 FPT
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 926
Come to Portsmouth and I will fuel your boat back to Salcombe and arrange all your PR while you are here Alan P
__________________
Alan Priddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2012, 07:16   #17
Member
 
Cookee's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Salcombe, Devon, UK
Boat name: BananaShark
Make: BananaShark
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2xYanmar 260 diesels
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Priddy View Post
Come to Portsmouth and I will fuel your boat back to Salcombe and arrange all your PR while you are here Alan P
Mmmmmm that sounds like an offer that's too good to turn down! I think we may have to alter the map slightly! New updated map!
__________________
Cookee
Originally Posted by Zippy
When a boat looks that good who needs tubes!!!
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2012, 08:45   #18
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: watford
Boat name: The Bandit &
Make: Hunton Rib
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2 x 8.1 Mercruisers
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 166
Come to Watford and I will refuel your boat to Portsmouth.

You could do a quiz 10 per ticket as to how much fuel you use all the way round nearest 3 get a spin out in your boat sometime possible CTC week
__________________
the bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2012, 08:53   #19
RIBnet supporter
 
Chris Caton's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wirral & Caernarfon
Boat name: That's Enuff
Make: Revenger & Avon SR4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Honda 150HP & 50HP
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookee View Post
First of all and most importantly - Paul - I'll call you later I had no idea you weren't well?

In order:

Chris - We should be passing though there on that date sometime in the afternoon depending on weather!

PeterM - It's so early we haven't even called the marinas yet but really what I'm after is advice on which marina to stay in, diesel availability, even suggestions on different venues that would suit the trip better?

250kts - Nothing is booked yet - I think that it would be best on Town Quay for exposure and we have friends at Salterns

SPR - Thanks for the PM

Alan - At the moment we are still heading for Poole but you're making a good case for Portsmouth!

Tony Hill - Maybe we could pop in and say hi as we're passing if we have time!

Dragonhawk - Sorry the fleet is reduced to one! We'll do our best to put on a show - we have quite an impressive rooster!

To everyone - Thank you for such a wonderful response on this thread, in PM's and by email (cookee@bananasharkracing.com) - What we are looking for right now is local contacts at marinas on our list, the PR company who work for our sponsors E-Lites are currently working away like beavers trying to make the best of the situation so that I can go to people with the full story of how much publicity we'll be giving people so I expect to be calling everyone next week asking for a berth for the night!

Fuel availability is also a criteria for us as you can imagine, and if I can get anyone to give us some very cheap or even for free that would be even better! For every litre I get I'll add 50p to the kitty - does everyone think that's reasonable?

We would obviously like to raise some more money on the way round (or even before we set off), so if anyone has any brilliant ideas that would be brilliant.

That's all I can think of for now - maybe some ideas for lunch stops where we can rattle the tin en route?

Thanks again you lot - you're brilliant!
just been looking at your overnight stop at Liverpool, has anyone checked the tides for access in and out of the marina on the 23rd & 24th, I think you've only got around two hrs either side of high tide, HT on 23rd is approx 14:40, and on 24th 02:30 & 15:00. Let me know if you need more info.
__________________
Chris Caton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2012, 09:04   #20
Member
 
Cookee's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Salcombe, Devon, UK
Boat name: BananaShark
Make: BananaShark
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2xYanmar 260 diesels
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Caton View Post
just been looking at your overnight stop at Liverpool, has anyone checked the tides for access in and out of the marina on the 23rd & 24th, I think you've only got around two hrs either side of high tide, HT on 23rd is approx 14:40, and on 24th 02:30 & 15:00. Let me know if you need more info.
Just the sort of information we need- is there anywhere we can get in at any state of the tide? 2 hours either side of high tide is no good to us!
__________________

__________________
Cookee
Originally Posted by Zippy
When a boat looks that good who needs tubes!!!
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.