Old 26 October 2005, 13:02   #21

Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim M
Is the right to breathe a formal human right?

If you break the law you consider your self to be apart from civilised society therefore you should not be treated like a civilied person. Odviously this has boundries and thresholds but you get the idea.
Yes, I'm not arguing against you and I understand the anger, but putting things in perspective shooting a thief in the head is a bit over the top, although it certainly would solve some of the prison overcrowding problems. I personally think you have got away lightly. Many thieves deliberately damage equipment even if they don't need it. It's about the haves and the have nots, what you're prepared to do in order to achieve "toys" like these and how you were brought up and educated.

However, I believe that a single decapitation with the head stuck on a pole by your storage yard "pour encourager les autres" may well work wonders for the future retention of your property.

Old 26 October 2005, 13:05   #22

Boat name: Seashell
Make: Redbay
Length: 7m +
Engine: Inboard diesel
Is this a sarcastic post and are you the bloke I sold a valient cover to about 2 weeks ago who said he was on RIBnet?

If not, thanks for the offer but the regular valient ones don't fit becase I have an A-frame. If on the other hand it is one that will accomodate an aframe can u send me a photo?

Old 26 October 2005, 13:14   #23

Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim M
Is this a sarcastic post and are you the bloke I sold a valient cover to about 2 weeks ago who said he was on RIBnet?

If not, thanks for the offer but the regular valient ones don't fit becase I have an A-frame. If on the other hand it is one that will accomodate an aframe can u send me a photo?
Possibly, No, Shame and No.
Old 26 October 2005, 13:19   #24
RIBnet supporter

Town: Southampton
Boat name: Hissing Sid
Make: Ross Smith Cobra
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200HP Optimax
MMSI: 235038046
Quote:
Originally Posted by hard1
I personally think you have got away lightly. Many thieves deliberately damage equipment even if they don't need it. It's about the haves and the have nots, what you're prepared to do in order to achieve "toys" like these and how you were brought up and educated.
I f******G hate that too!, they can't have it so they wreck it!!!
Jizm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2005, 13:23   #25

Quote:
but putting things in perspective shooting a thief in the head is a bit over the top,

I agree this is only a very small loss - compared to Rogue Wave's recent loss this is nothing. However theaves are still bastards who should be shot
Old 26 October 2005, 13:57   #26

Town: stevenage
Boat name: getmehomesafely
Make: searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: mercury
tim I was the bloke you sold said cover to..not sarcasm just an attempt at some humour as you seemed stressed!!
Old 26 October 2005, 14:14   #27

Hi Tim. I am much more relaxed now although that's probaly the wine. I was ready to punch someone in the face earlier I was so angrey!
Glad the cover fits :-)
Old 26 October 2005, 14:57   #28

Town: I.O.W/Bristol
Boat name: HotShot
Make: shakey
Length: 5m +
Engine: 70hp Tohatsu
I have yet to be subject to theft (i fully expect to be...only a matter of time), but a few days before I left uni (after 4 trouble-free years) some scroat decided to punch me in the head at 6 in the evening as I walked home, in broad daylight. I cannot express how angry it made me and he was a bloody lucky b*****d for not ending up with a broken jaw. Luckily I saw sense and didn't stoop to his pathetic miserable insignificant level by giving him a kicking. Reported it all to the police who were very helpful, but it makes me sick that they are powerless to do anything and the scumbags know full well they can get away with so much.

I reckon string em up by their feet, take off their clothes and have a firing squad equipped with paint ball guns to give them a good pain session at close range
Old 26 October 2005, 14:59   #29

Thats the spirit Tim!
I could quote team america now, but in the name of a family forum I wont....
Old 26 October 2005, 17:26   #30

Town: Swanmore nr Fareham
Boat name: Greyhound
Make: Ribtec
Engine: 225 Opti
With rioting on the streets which the police can't control and the government insistant on banning fox hunting and smoking (both of which I'm not that keen on) instead of cracking down on crime.

We get told that the police fill in less forms that they used to (which is correct), just a shame the forms now have 50 pages rather than 3!

Whilst I didn't like the last lot much, this lot take the mickey.

I think that crime is getting worse....or am I getting older.....

Stuart M is offline   Reply With Quote