Go Back   RIBnet Forums > RIB talk > RIBs & ribbing
Click Here to Login

Old 08 September 2017, 17:05   #1

Town: Poland
Boat name: stormforce8
Make: Humber 8 OceanPro
Length: 6m +
Engine: suzuki df300
PROSPORT / Osprey Lynx Rib... Where to buy?

Does anyone know where I can buy a prosport 8-8.5 m or Osprey Lynx hull, or another one with a deep "V" , preferably with black tubes I am looking for hull with tubes or just the hull for rebuild to my needs (marine safari), preferably as a project rib.
Coes anyone know or saw somewhere to get at good price?
Does anyone know the exact width of the deck between the tubes in the Osprey rib?

Thanks
Paul
Old 08 September 2017, 17:18   #2

Town: Wild West
Boat name: No Boat
Make: No Boat
Length: under 3m
Send a message via AIM to Maximus
A good starting point would be to Have a word with Chris at Osprey RIbs on here.

The Road to HELL ..is Paved with "Good inventions!"
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 September 2017, 17:30   #3

Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
Didn't Codders have an 8.5m Prosport? I'd guess that that would be a bit of a 'project' by now.
Old 10 September 2017, 08:10   #4

Mollers Can you explain more (Codders)? My english is not enough good...
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollers View Post
Didn't Codders have an 8.5m Prosport? I'd guess that that would be a bit of a 'project' by now.
Old 10 September 2017, 09:09   #5
RIBnet admin team

Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu 30HP
MMSI: 235089819
Quote:
Originally Posted by p@blo View Post
Mollers Can you explain more (Codders)? My english is not enough good...

Thanks

Codders = codprawn a prolific former member in Wales who ultimately bought a pro sport but has been quiet for a number of years.
Old 10 September 2017, 17:59   #6

Town: southampton
Boat name: TOP CAT 2
Make: Scorpion 8.1
Length: 8m +
Engine: 250hp HO
I didn't think prosport had a very good build rep?
Old 10 September 2017, 20:47   #7

Town: Dartmouth
Wondered about that too, the Prosport and Osprey are worlds apart on build quality.
Old 11 September 2017, 04:36   #8

Town: Côte d'Azur
Boat name: Beaver Patrol
Make: Avon Searider SR4
Length: 4m +
Pro sport left a lot to be desired. Also not convinced it would be any good as a sea safari boat as it very little sheer in the bow
Old 12 September 2017, 09:03   #9

Hmmm.
Until now, I used Humber 7.80 ocean pro, which I completely rebuilt. I liked this boat because it was not a heavy rib and the shape of the hull was sufficient for the conditions of the sea in which it used. It also had several drawbacks: the tubes touched the water line, and Humber's biggest mistake, the transom angle was bad, causing damage to the trim cylinders actuator in the outboard. I also had to rebuild the transom in correct angle.

Currently I am looking for a hull which will have a deeper V, slightly more brave to the rough sea with higher placed deck, but I need not too heavy boat , for single max power outboard, so easy for jumping on small waves.
I saw Prosports and I really liked how it works on waves, I also like Ospreys Lynx, but for me it is probably a bit too narrow. I need to fit 2 rows of jockeys.

Maybe you have other ideas? Deep V Rib, easy for rebuild.
Revengers also looks good
Old 12 September 2017, 14:48   #10

Town: Dartmouth
The Revenger would be a good choice but most of them have the splashwell built into the back which could pose a problem.
The Pro-sport is basically a handed down copy of the Revenger hull with a slightly modified tube mounting flange.
Old 12 September 2017, 21:15   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribraff View Post
The Revenger would be a good choice but most of them have the splashwell built into the back which could pose a problem.
The Pro-sport is basically a handed down copy of the Revenger hull with a slightly modified tube mounting flange.
Exactly. If I see it well, Parker RS is also a copy of the above with slight modifications ?
Does anyone know what exactly is the width of the deck in Osprey Lynx? I considering a buying almost new Lynx 28 with 350 V8 yammi.
Old 13 September 2017, 07:11   #12

Town: Gloucestershire
Boat name: Osprey
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Length: 5m +
Engine: E-tec 300 G2
MMSI: TBC
Hi P@blo, I have sent you a message, however feel free to email chris@ospreyribs.co.uk with more details of your requirements and I will do my best to help.

Rgds

Chris.

Born fiddler
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2017, 10:17   #13

Town: Wild West
Boat name: No Boat
Make: No Boat
Length: under 3m
Send a message via AIM to Maximus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Hi P@blo, I have sent you a message, however feel free to email chris@ospreyribs.co.uk with more details of your requirements and I will do my best to help.

Rgds

Chris.

There you go

The Road to HELL ..is Paved with "Good inventions!"
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2017, 18:35   #14
RIBnet supporter

Town: Dinard, Brittany
Boat name: Into the Red
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Length: 7m +
Engine: Evinrude E-tec 250HO
MMSI: 235 076 114
RIBase
Quote:
Exactly. If I see it well, Parker RS is also a copy of the above with slight modifications ?
Does anyone know what exactly is the width of the deck in Osprey Lynx? I considering a buying almost new Lynx 28 with 350 V8 yammi.
I don't know the width of the deck but from what I have heard the Lynx is a very wet boat, and I don't think it would be suitable for your purposes.

The older Falcon model may be better suited to your needs.
Old 13 September 2017, 20:07   #15

Town: West Sussex
Length: no boat
Quote:
P@blo this subject was discussed many times on RibNet and for the record I can confirm that the Parker RS is not a copy of the rib you mention. Three ??companies purchased the hull mould of the Rapier 9 mtr RIB (we did for sure). These were Ferryman , Parker and Prosport. Prosport made a mess of it by making the aft wider . Ferryman had construction problems and some here my remember the BIG YELLOW. Prosport are out of business so that leaves only Parker . The Parker 900 RS has a very deep V and is a very good sea rib but the narrow beam limits space on deck . Some years ago four of us drove a Parker 900 RS by sea from Gdynia to Southampton via the Kiel Canal. A good way to test a rib and have fun
There are a few Parker 900RS SeaSafari ribs operating in Poland , Norway and Finland. The Parker Baltic range is far superior and better suited for Seasafari operations.

I think I saw your rib in Gdynia Marina

There are three Polish rib companies ie Parker, Sportis and Technomarine that produce a good line of seasafari ribs - any reason why you are shading away from them
Old 14 September 2017, 10:33   #16

Make: Osprey
Length: 7m +
Engine: 2 x 200
Hi p@blo, just forward of the transom boxes a Lynx measures 1420 between the tubes, 1335 between the top of the tube support box sections & 1250 on the floor.

Hope that helps

Gerry
Old 15 September 2017, 09:52   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by blufin View Post
Hi p@blo, just forward of the transom boxes a Lynx measures 1420 between the tubes, 1335 between the top of the tube support box sections & 1250 on the floor.

Hope that helps

Gerry
Thank you Gerry. That helped me a lot.
Old 15 September 2017, 10:49   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre View Post
P@blo this subject was discussed many times on RibNet and for the record I can confirm that the Parker RS is not a copy of the rib you mention. Three ??companies purchased the hull mould of the Rapier 9 mtr RIB (we did for sure). These were Ferryman , Parker and Prosport. Prosport made a mess of it by making the aft wider . Ferryman had construction problems and some here my remember the BIG YELLOW. Prosport are out of business so that leaves only Parker . The Parker 900 RS has a very deep V and is a very good sea rib but the narrow beam limits space on deck . Some years ago four of us drove a Parker 900 RS by sea from Gdynia to Southampton via the Kiel Canal. A good way to test a rib and have fun
There are a few Parker 900RS SeaSafari ribs operating in Poland , Norway and Finland. The Parker Baltic range is far superior and better suited for Seasafari operations.

I think I saw your rib in Gdynia Marina

There are three Polish rib companies ie Parker, Sportis and Technomarine that produce a good line of seasafari ribs - any reason why you are shading away from them
Andre: Thank you for explaining it to me. I hope I did not offend you, just the RS hull seemed to me like Prosport / Revenger.
My English is poor so sorry for mistakes. I will try to explain briefly.

My current RIB is still working in Międzyzdroje, only in summer. He was not in Gdynia.
I do not follow this way that goes lot of people in Sea Safari business, buying heavy 9m and more Ribs, assembling 2-3-4 outboards and still carrying 12 people ...
In my town the problem is that we do not have a Port, so we must launching the boats everyday from the beach, the second thing that I take people from the beach, so the boat stands partially shallow (0.5-1 meter from the bottom). In this case big, heavy Rib will not work.
Ride a bigger Rib is fun only when the big waves and windy, but then it is often too cold and people do not want to ride anyway, in my case I need just enough little wind, very small waves and already fun.
So for me, the best is the 7,8-8 meter lightweight RIB, which is not too wide (Sportis or Parker Baltic models etc), which will work with 1 outboard engine. Now I think of the new Suzuki DF350, I do not like Verados..
In my humber at the deck width of 1.40 and in front of 1.30 I fitted 2 rows of jockeyseats and really is comfortable and the leg area is enough.
For example, I will say that my 7.80 Humber with df300 with 12 people was ahead very clearly and easy of the Parker 900 Baltic 2x300 merc. with 12 pers.
Mostly we work in waves 1-3 B, so my current"small" Rib is doing great jumps and 1 meter long Parker Baltic 900 can't peel of from the water.
I do not know where there are fuel tanks, but I mounted my in the back (under the console) to compensate the weight of the people sitting in front with fuel/outboard wight.
Andre, I know RS750 is not a bad alternative, I wish it was a bit longer. Surely the deck would not be too narrow for me.
The last thing is that I'm looking for a used hull, /Rib, which I will be rebuilding anyway
"by my own way"
Thanks
Pozdrawiam
Old 15 September 2017, 15:08   #19

Town: West Sussex
Length: no boat
Quote:
Andre: Thank you for explaining it to me. I hope I did not offend you, just the RS hull seemed to me like Prosport / Revenger.
My English is poor so sorry for mistakes. I will try to explain briefly.

My current RIB is still working in Międzyzdroje, only in summer. He was not in Gdynia.
I do not follow this way that goes lot of people in Sea Safari business, buying heavy 9m and more Ribs, assembling 2-3-4 outboards and still carrying 12 people ...
In my town the problem is that we do not have a Port, so we must launching the boats everyday from the beach, the second thing that I take people from the beach, so the boat stands partially shallow (0.5-1 meter from the bottom). In this case big, heavy Rib will not work.
Ride a bigger Rib is fun only when the big waves and windy, but then it is often too cold and people do not want to ride anyway, in my case I need just enough little wind, very small waves and already fun.
So for me, the best is the 7,8-8 meter lightweight RIB, which is not too wide (Sportis or Parker Baltic models etc), which will work with 1 outboard engine. Now I think of the new Suzuki DF350, I do not like Verados..
In my humber at the deck width of 1.40 and in front of 1.30 I fitted 2 rows of jockeyseats and really is comfortable and the leg area is enough.
For example, I will say that my 7.80 Humber with df300 with 12 people was ahead very clearly and easy of the Parker 900 Baltic 2x300 merc. with 12 pers.
Mostly we work in waves 1-3 B, so my current"small" Rib is doing great jumps and 1 meter long Parker Baltic 900 can't peel of from the water.
I do not know where there are fuel tanks, but I mounted my in the back (under the console) to compensate the weight of the people sitting in front with fuel/outboard wight.
Andre, I know RS750 is not a bad alternative, I wish it was a bit longer. Surely the deck would not be too narrow for me.
The last thing is that I'm looking for a used hull, /Rib, which I will be rebuilding anyway
"by my own way"
Thanks
Pozdrawiam
P@blo

Many thanks for your explanation and I understand your activity as I know the beach at Miedzyzdroje well all Polish beaches are the same . No tides and one long hell of a beach . From one end of Poland to the other.

as for the performance it is not only the rib which has to perform but also the helmsman and if he is no good the rib will not perform. There are many ribs on the Polish coast that carry more then 12 passengers even Grom in Dziwnow 22 and I can never understand how they get away with it

By the way the 750 RS comes out of the mould for the 900 RS so no issue to have an 800 RS only the 900 RS has a tendency to stuff in the following sea . The 750RS does not stuff and is a great sea boat and I have had 3 of them.

anyway best of look in your business and if I am in Miedzyzdroje next year I will look you up

Pozdrawiam rowniez
Old 16 September 2017, 14:01   #20

Andre
Thank you for your opinion, it is very important for me. Maybe you remember once I wrote with you PMs, then you organized an expedition through the channels from Poland to Germany and further probably to the UK.
You are right, a big role plays the helmsman and his driving style and experience and whether he is "thinking human" or not. I wonder sometimes how people use cool stuff without even using it in half.
I am in the watersport business for 20 years, even though I have 42 right now. Thanks to that I met many people, learned a lot, saw a lot and kept watching and drawing my own conclusions.
I know the guys from the boat from Dziwnow. In my case, the smaller, lighter and lively boat will do better, it will give a lot of fun at relatively small waves. Also because of economic reasons. Recently more 500+ come to us , you know what I'm talking about , so the prices are also important. In Dziwnów the prices are twice higher, they do 1 ride per hour, I do 4
I am glad that finally there is a chance to meet with me in the summer of 2018, I will give you my phone number.
I am tempted by your RS 800 but for now I am looking for something used, with trailer, equipment etc. but we will see ..
I'll let you know if I found something sensible in the coming months.
Pozdrawiam

Tags
rib