Old 17 November 2015, 14:17   #11
Town: Bournemouth
Boat name: Lucky Heather
Make: Whaly
Length: 4m +
Engine: 30hp Mariner
Marina for me any day, I used to trailer it but by chance I was offered a mooring in a private residential marina for £40 a month. Can't say no to that.

papajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2015, 15:01   #12
Boat name: Top Cat
Make: Zodiac
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mariner 90
MMSI: 235109818
Thanks for all those that commented.

The person interested in my Zodiac Pro decided it was to difficult/risky keeping it in the marina, mainly due to him being away extended periods of time and the issues with water ingress not only in the cockpit but within the Hull. Trailering in and out was not an option. Dry Stack process does not suit due to the winter timings, mainly the saying "This is not the South Coast" comes into play with lack of facilities around recreational boating.

Hence its still up for sale, although no rush to sell just have two RIBs to play with..

Tedskee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 December 2015, 05:21   #13
Town: Porchfield
Boat name: Katie
Make: Stingher
Length: 10m +
Engine: Verado 350sci x 2
Originally Posted by VersaDock View Post
Hi Lee,

Sorry you were not happy with your VersaDock quote.

Over the last 12 months we have made significant developments to our products and also reduced our prices. We can now provide docks for craft up to 26 tonnes.

We also now guarantee to float your boat! So if you purchase a VersaDock in the future you can have confidence your boat will be out of the water.

I'd be quite interested in some prices for my current boat (10m Stingher), maybe you could PM me?

“Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.”
― Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows
Lee argyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 December 2015, 09:34   #14
Town: N. Devon
Boat name: Nutkin Too
Make: X-Pro Defender
Engine: Outboard, Suzuki 90
MMSI: 235095884
Originally Posted by Phil M View Post
I get anywhere up to about a pint of water out of the hull void in my 530 Pro each trip (sometimes nothing though......never really figured it out) so I'd be nervous leaving it on a mooring for any extended length of time without fitting a hull void pump. Mine has 3 bungs in the hull as it has the extended reverse chines which are separate voids. I'd need 3 pumps.

Is it a pontoon mooring? Is something like versadock viable? When out in Canada on the lake earlier in the year I noticed that every boat was moored on a pontoon but they all had lifting frames to raise the boats out of the water. Was quite a neat solution although not cheap.

Phil M
I had a Pro 500 (until last month) and never had an issues with water in the hull. I changed the bung for a new one with washer and she was totally dry. The longest I left her on a mooring was a week and there is no way to check without pulling her out.

I did have a pump in the sump at the back, this worked great and would keep the rain water out but doesn't help the inner hull.

Bude Dive Club -
treerat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 December 2015, 06:37   #15
Town: Royan
Make: Valiant 550
Engine: Mercury 80
I have a similar problem to the OP with my Valiant 550. In winter it's at home but May to Sept I keep it at a marina. Bizarrely, it has a bilge pump - which is fine - but it also has two scuppers which exit to a stern drain. So, leave the plugs in and it fills with water when it rains, leave them out and it allows dirty marina water in. I'm wondering why I don't just redirect the scuppers to the bilge but that seems so obvious, I can't understand why the manufacturer wouldn't do that in the first place.

ribrova is offline   Reply With Quote