Old 14 May 2012, 08:10   #31

Town: Cullompton
Length: 7m +
Just a quick note to thank all those who came to the show this weekend. Your comments are much appreciated. The general consensus from exhibitors and the GWQ is that the location works well and the show has great potential to develop and expand. Obviously, the extent and variety of show exhibits depends upon those companies willing to exhibit, and as organisers we can only create a show around those companies who chose to support it. (NB: YouBoat Chandlery had a large marquee in the Central Square and were selling a range of smaller items!, I hope they were well supported.) Apologies KB Dry Stack, we have an extensive trade target list and we're not sure why you were missed, but we'll make sure you're on the list for future years! Please drop me an email with your preferred contact details. With thanks, HMS

Old 14 May 2012, 08:22   #32

Town: Principalite d'Chaos
Boat name: The Nashers Revenge!
Make: Ocean & Bombard
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzi DT200EFI, DT9.9
MMSI: "Mmmmm SI" she said!
Iím really pleased things picked up and others enjoyed the show more than I did.

Fair play to you HMS for taking on board what everyone said, especially about the ramp to the pontoons.
I wish you all the best with making sure it continues to develop next year and beyond.

Next year can we have more trade stands please, so those of us not buying a new boat, engine, or other major expense like refitting electronics can spend our pocket money and support the stallholders.

Iíve learnt my lesson, and now know that in future I should stop skiving off work for the afternoon on a Friday and go on Saturday like everyone else.

Nasher.

Nasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2012, 08:56   #33

Town: Cullompton
Length: 7m +
Thanks Nasher. All noted, but as I said, the show's exhibits constitute the extent of support we as show organisors of this event manage to gain. We are only able to work with what we are given in the way of support from the industry. It takes a massive amount of work to get even the number of trade stands and exhibits we had at this year's show and I of course would love the show to be as big as Southampton Boat Show, but everything takes time. We had all the main electronics companies present at the show plus You Boat Chandlery - so I really hope people supported these guys well. If you would like to see more exhibitors at the event please don't hold back in helping to persuade as many in the trade as possible to attend. It would be much appreciated! Thanks for your support.
Old 14 May 2012, 14:25   #34
Trade member

Town: West Sussex
Boat name: Grey Mist
Make: Parker 800 Baltic
Length: 8m +
Engine: 2xMercury Diesel 170
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to Andre
Not to hijack the thread i thought this would be the best place to introduce to a wider audience my current demo rib. Some of you would have seen her at the show.

You may see her a lot on the water this year as Navico UK will be using her for radio and navigation demos. Unless sold.There are lots of interesting stuff on board including the Simrad touch screen NSS12 and the Structure scan not forgeting the Simrad4 G broadband radar and of course the Sonic Hub. I will now have to get an iphone

The rib is a Parker 750 Baltic with a MCM 4.2 ES (270HP) diesel engine and Bravo 1 drive. Max speed she reached during the run yesterday from Portsmouth to Southampton was 38knots.

The rib was unloaded from our truck on Thursday by Trafalgar Wharf and she stayed there overnight and was put on the water the next day. When I turned up on Friday to my suprise Luke the Drystack manager said that for the exhibitors they were offering a Free of Charge service. I was quite taken be that so well done Trafalgar Wharf - you do offer a good service.

It was also great to see my old Seahawk 3 and Paul she looked great. I mostly regret I did not take any photos of you especially of your little one. She must have fallen asleep and did not care one little bit that it was choppy. .
I am sure there will be more opportunities in the future.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040743a.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	172.6 KB
ID:	68200   Click image for larger version

Name:	Parker 750 Baltic (2).jpg
Views:	197
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	68201   Click image for larger version

Name:	Parker 750 Baltic.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	68202   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1050007a.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	136.8 KB
ID:	68203  
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2012, 08:51   #35

Town: Cape Agulhas / Struisbaai
Boat name: Hysucat
Make: Hysucat
Engine: 2x200 Mercury Racing
Send a message via Skype™ to Hysucat
Powerboat & Rib Show

I am pretty sure that next year will be bigger and better than before. We certainly had a very good show with lot's of interest in our new 8.5m we got to demo. Even with all the bad luck it all turned out good.

The new 8.5m Elan got lumbered with a single 300 Suzuki and was dragging it's ass as we could not get the motor high enough as there is no 20" drive lenght for 300 Suzi.

The 8.0m Extreme was running on a single engine as we could not find another counter rotating surface piercing prop to fit on the 200 Merc's. So the max speed was only around 40knots. We still feel this boat can do 80 knots with a few more changes.

We will be back next year unless we get distracted.

Next year we will bring our own 50' to sleep in.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC_0910.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	68375   Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	68376  
Old 21 May 2012, 16:50   #36

Andre, this must be the photo's you wish you had taken .....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC_1079.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	165.9 KB
ID:	68408   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1080.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	140.7 KB
ID:	68409   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1081.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	151.2 KB
ID:	68410  
Old 23 May 2012, 15:27   #37
Trade member

Town: West Sussex
Boat name: Grey Mist
Make: Parker 800 Baltic
Engine: 2xMercury Diesel 170
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to Andre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hysucat View Post
Andre, this must be the photo's you wish you had taken .....
No no I should have taken a photo when they were on route to Southampton and it was choppy and the little one looked as if was sound asleep in its mother's arms.
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2012, 16:23   #38

Town: Southampton
Boat name: Seahawk 3
Make: Parker 6.3
Length: 6m +
Engine: 1.7 Mercruiser
We really enjoyed our day at the rib show and hope it continues for years to come. Was great to catch up with Chris, Andre and nice to meet your better half Andre, you've done well for youself there. Tis no secret that we're really pleased with our parker 6.3 and I'm really lucky that wife and daughter enjoy being out and about too (as long as the weather is ok). If I take it steady I have to say Lucy normally falls asleep if tired but she was wide awake on the way back to Southampton wanting to go faster to "catch boat!" as Andre was a short distance in front. Hope to see the new demo boat out and about soon
Old 24 May 2012, 12:16   #39

In South Africa we start them small
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	326007_10150430966297924_628737923_8284380_805845148_o.jpg
Views:	132