Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 28 December 2005, 11:01   #1
Member
 
Andy Moore's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Cowes, Isle of Wight
Boat name: TiLT 2
Make: Avon Adventure 620
Length: 6m +
Engine: Optimax 135
MMSI: 235032203
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,639
Posh Ribs

If one were in the market for a rather posh RIB, what choices would one have? One does not require a cabin, but one would like teak decks and one adores lots of handmade stainless steel bits and pieces.

You know the sort of thing. Something one could pose around the harbours bars in St Tropez or hook up behind the Vougue LSE and take to Henley.

One is grateful in anticipation.

--One
__________________

__________________
Andy Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2005, 11:09   #2
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Length: 6m +
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,850
Mark Pascoe? - http://www.pascoeinternational.com/
__________________

__________________
Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2005, 11:20   #3
Member
 
Richard B's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Devon
Boat name: White Ice
Make: Ranieri
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki 115hp
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 5,015
Does one wish to keep one's feet dry when going ashore at one's private beach?

http://www.scorpionribs.com/tenders.html

Richard B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2005, 13:25   #4
Member
 
Andy Moore's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Cowes, Isle of Wight
Boat name: TiLT 2
Make: Avon Adventure 620
Length: 6m +
Engine: Optimax 135
MMSI: 235032203
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard B
Does one wish to keep one's feet dry when going ashore at one's private beach?

http://www.scorpionribs.com/tenders.html

One is rather impressed with the nose-mounted staircase. Jolly good.
__________________
Andy Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2005, 13:33   #5
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,791
Bit off topic but it looks like the aquada will be going into production - HAS to be the ultimate tender!!!

http://www.aquada.co.uk/

Just what every superyacht owner needs!!!

Coming back to Ribs definitely the Pascoe's or maybe some of the Cougars.
__________________
codprawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2005, 13:59   #6
Member
 
Country: Other
Town: Hayle, Kernow
Boat name: Spare RIB
Make: Narwhal
Length: 5m +
Engine: 130 Yam Outboard
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 642
http://www.duarry.com/english/sportech12.htm

but its left hand drive

Shaggy
__________________
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2005, 14:08   #7
Member
 
Country: Other
Length: no boat
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Moore
If one were in the market for a rather posh RIB, what choices would one have? One does not require a cabin, but one would like teak decks and one adores lots of handmade stainless steel bits and pieces.

You know the sort of thing. Something one could pose around the harbours bars in St Tropez or hook up behind the Vougue LSE and take to Henley.

One is grateful in anticipation.

--One
Ah, but for Henley sir, one must definitely not appear with anything too bling or chav. What one would aspire to perhaps, (especially an obviously sophisticated boating gentleman such as yourself sir) would be a RIB constructed in the style of a classic Andrews Slipper Launch - even better, sir, just tube up a slipper launch. One would have to say though sir, that a RIB may not be the ideal conveyance at Henley.

For the Mediterranean sir, may I suggest a Riva, similarly treated with tubes ?

This might suit you very well sir.

Ooooh.
__________________
hard1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2005, 17:59   #8
Member
 
Country: Ireland
Town: Dublin & Enniscrone
Boat name: K'adó
Make: Redbay
Length: 7m +
Engine: Suzuki 300
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 613
teak decks etc

andy

talk to redbay. they supply with teak inlaid decks,,,rreal posh.

www.redbayboats.com

Rgds
__________________
Take it easy ....but, take it all the way.
Ezgoing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2005, 04:14   #9
Member
 
Cookee's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Salcombe, Devon, UK
Boat name: BananaShark
Make: BananaShark
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2xYanmar 260 diesels
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,225
Our BananaShark might be of use to "Sir"? We have some info up on the website now - http://www.bananasharkracing.com/ a link is on the first page - There is a review in the last issue of Rib International and look out for the February issue (out in January) of Sports Boat and Rib - there will be a big review of both the leisure and race versions!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	brochure shrunk.JPG
Views:	155
Size:	117.9 KB
ID:	16697  
__________________
Cookee
Originally Posted by Zippy
When a boat looks that good who needs tubes!!!
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2005, 05:00   #10
Member
 
Andy Moore's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Cowes, Isle of Wight
Boat name: TiLT 2
Make: Avon Adventure 620
Length: 6m +
Engine: Optimax 135
MMSI: 235032203
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by hard1
Ah, but for Henley sir, one must definitely not appear with anything too bling or chav. What one would aspire to perhaps, (especially an obviously sophisticated boating gentleman such as yourself sir) would be a RIB constructed in the style of a classic Andrews Slipper Launch - even better, sir, just tube up a slipper launch. One would have to say though sir, that a RIB may not be the ideal conveyance at Henley.

For the Mediterranean sir, may I suggest a Riva, similarly treated with tubes ?

This might suit you very well sir.

Ooooh.
Oh yes, a Riva.

http://www.riva-yacht.com/

The lack of rubber has one rather concerned though. A nice platform to eats one's Gentleman's Relish from though.
__________________

__________________
Andy Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.