Old 04 July 2012, 19:00   #1

Town: Hamble
Boat name: Worth the wait
Make: Parker
Length: 7m +
Engine: Outboard
Portland "Race" Filming

Following on from our involvement in assisting with some filming along the Jurassic Coast for the Olympics, I have had another request from an Artist who needs support in doing some filming in/around the Portland Race. See below.

They may be able to contribute to some fuel and are looking for anyone who might be able to help out.

"the idea had been to do this around spring tides (ie: now) so that the Race appears early in the morning or late in the day, when the light is slanting onto the surface of the water creating shadows (rather than the flat light of midday). I have a small waterproof GoPro camera mounted onto a sturdy raft (50x50cm) and set adrift in the middle of the Race, to film it from the 'inside' as it were. Whilst this is going on I have a hydrophone to record the sounds of the currents underwater. I would also use the GoPro to film along the cliffs going out to the Bill, and the lighthouse from the sea, and on the way back in from the Race. As for time, I would guess about an hour out on the Race, plus time filming along the cliffs on the way out and back. How many people? Myself plus one, or possibly two."

I am unable to do this, would anyone like to be involved??

Steve