Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 23 September 2013, 16:55   #1
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Dorset & Hants
Boat name: Streaker/Orange
Make: Avon/Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Engine: 50Yam/25 Mariner
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,551
Poole - Weymouth in the fog ..

Did a bit of a jaunt on Sunday - some pics attached.

Started out OK , but then got a bit foggy....not the ideal view to leave Lulworth into.....made it to Weymouth, then heard the radio call for this;

Swanage RNLI doing good work again

Swanage Lifeboats Online

Ran most of the way home in thick fog at reduced speed - even lost AJ for a moment .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20130922_123032.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	144.2 KB
ID:	85726   Click image for larger version

Name:	20130922_122919.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	164.0 KB
ID:	85727   Click image for larger version

Name:	20130922_131107.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	85728   Click image for larger version

Name:	20130922_134649.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	85729   Click image for larger version

Name:	20130922_134742.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	85730  

__________________

__________________
PeterM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2013, 04:21   #2
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Bristol
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 4,194
Lokks Brilliant out out, loads of fun!. some of my best days out were in that location.. being thrown in the water..
__________________

__________________
matt h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2013, 07:30   #3
Member
 
Maximus's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wild West
Boat name: No Boat
Make: No Boat
Length: under 3m
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,271
Send a message via AIM to Maximus
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt h View Post
Lokks Brilliant out out, loads of fun!. some of my best days out were in that location.. being thrown in the water..
Still it's nice to know....You did finaly forgive your Parents!
__________________
A clever Man learns by his mistakes..
A Wise Man learns by other people's!

The Road to HELL ..is Paved with "Good inventions!"
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2013, 08:09   #4
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Bristol
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 4,194
Ha Ha i was tempted into the blue by some treacle tarts!! Flippin freezing and my --------- went like raisins!!
__________________
matt h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2013, 14:50   #5
Member
 
Huib1965's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southsea
Boat name: RIB GLADYS
Make: AVON
Length: 4m +
Engine: Mariner 60HP EFI
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 113
RIBase
Hi, Lovely Pictures.... great to see you also have an AVON just like I got a couple of months ago..... Assume its a 470? had to get used to it and have to tweek it a bit as it likes the bow up very happily... I run it with a Mariner 60HP EFI ..... So whats your view on the AVON? Eager to know what i can learn... txs
__________________
Huib1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2013, 17:12   #6
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Dorset & Hants
Boat name: Streaker/Orange
Make: Avon/Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Engine: 50Yam/25 Mariner
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huib1965 View Post
Hi, Lovely Pictures.... great to see you also have an AVON just like I got a couple of months ago..... Assume its a 470? had to get used to it and have to tweek it a bit as it likes the bow up very happily... I run it with a Mariner 60HP EFI ..... So whats your view on the AVON? Eager to know what i can learn... txs
470 ..If only! - just 4m for me ( AJ just makes it look big as he's tiny) ..with 50 Yamaha.

I like it - I don't push it into bad weather/ big waves - its too light for that - was very bow light until I fitted doelfins.

Can get loads of stuff in it for beach going - tow skiers/ ringos and happily potter all day at idle very quietly . Had mine from new in 2006 and finally managed to get it round the IOW a couple of weeks ago

Loads of pics of it on here floating about ....
__________________
PeterM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2013, 17:25   #7
Member
 
Huib1965's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southsea
Boat name: RIB GLADYS
Make: AVON
Length: 4m +
Engine: Mariner 60HP EFI
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 113
RIBase
Ah.... Thanks for the overview... I love my 470.. and bought some fins as well to try soon.... They are lovely boats and very happy with it ... txs
__________________
Huib1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2013, 19:04   #8
AJ.
RIBnet supporter
 
AJ.'s Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Warwickshire
Boat name: Impulse
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki 140
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterM View Post
470 ..If only! - just 4m for me ( AJ just makes it look big as he's tiny) ..with 50 Yamaha.

I like it - I don't push it into bad weather/ big waves - its too light for that - was very bow light until I fitted doelfins.

Can get loads of stuff in it for beach going - tow skiers/ ringos and happily potter all day at idle very quietly . Had mine from new in 2006 and finally managed to get it round the IOW a couple of weeks ago

Loads of pics of it on here floating about ....
That's the first time I have been called tiny...............by a bloke
__________________
AJ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 October 2013, 04:05   #9
Member
 
Huib1965's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southsea
Boat name: RIB GLADYS
Make: AVON
Length: 4m +
Engine: Mariner 60HP EFI
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 113
RIBase
Cheers for that.. Will have a look. May I assume you had the A-Frame from new ? Looking for one .. Were did you get it from or did you had it made ?
__________________

__________________
Huib1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:51.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.