Old 15 July 2010, 03:45   #11

Boat name: Wildheart
Make: Humber/Delta Seasafe
Length: 5m +
Engine: Merc 60 Clamshell
MMSI: 235068449
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabo35kk View Post
The only way to davit a boat of this size (500lbs+) effectively is to put a hoist system on the transom and swimstep that would severely impair fishability - can't do that!
I maybe didn't expalin my thougt too clearly..... sit the rib at 90 Degrees to the Cabox transom. Nearest toob sits on the swim step, then support the outbord side with davits - they will only be taking half the weight, as the other half will be taken by the swim step. So if your Ribette weighs in at 500Lbs, the davits will only be looking at around 250lbs. If you use portable fuel tanks, they can be removed or put at the step side to further reduce the davit loading. Thus can use removable davits.

Old 15 July 2010, 15:24   #12

Town: South Brent
Make: Aquaflyte, Razrfin
Length: 5m +
As usual, two ways of looking at it; bearing in mind we're talking slightly bigger boats here, steel cable - I'm assured that in a good blow, the middle of the night, raining cats and dogs, 50 miles offshore, the reassurance that the tender is still there is worth far more than a few (relatively) minor jolts on the towline!

IMHO. As always!

Old 16 July 2010, 02:25   #13

Town: Up Norf
Make: Avon SR4,Tremlett 23
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yam 55, Volvo 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIBRyda View Post
As usual, two ways of looking at it; bearing in mind we're talking slightly bigger boats here, steel cable - I'm assured that in a good blow, the middle of the night, raining cats and dogs, 50 miles offshore, the reassurance that the tender is still there is worth far more than a few (relatively) minor jolts on the towline!

IMHO. As always!
A fair point, I'd rather use something with some give in it though just to make sure the tender is still there and not just the D-ring you clipped it to.