Town: Southampton
Boat name: DynaMoHumm/ SRV/deja
Make: Avon8.4, 5.4 & 4.777
Length: 8m +
Engine: Cat3126 Yam 90 &70
MMSI: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by roycruse
Mollulnan is absolutely right - Cornwall is a fantastic area to go exploring with your RIB. With spectacular granite coastline (especially at the Lizard and Lands End)

I have personally cruised the whole of the south coast of Cornwall and some of the north coast and as soon as I get my new boat delivered I will be out there again finishing off the bits I haven't yet seen.

Mylor near Falmouth has a fantastic slip way which is free (you do need to pay to park your car and trailer) with a well stocked chandler's on site.

And from there a great days cruising can be had either in the Fal estuary itself or by going East to Fowey and on to Plymouth or you can go west to the Lizard and on to Lands End - and then there's the Scilly Isles.

If you decide to do the cruise from Falmouth to Plymouth - either on the way there or on the way back its worth taking a detour to the eddy stone rocks just to say you've been there - and on the way to the Scilly Isles there is wolf rock which is also worth a visit.

Anyway - once I get back on the water I will get exploring the north coast some more and keep you posted - there are some pictures in humbers rib gallery if you follow the link in my signature. (I've got some more pictures to post there but haven't got round to it yet - so check back in a couple of days.
just restoring the thread of the thread
Rogue Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2005, 21:07   #22

Town: Brittany/Portsmouth
Boat name: Merlin
Make: Solent 6.5
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200
MMSI: soon !
Nice post Roycruse.

Us

(RW we just dialled 666 and got straight thru He's givin Paul E Tec advice at the moment )