Old 23 May 2007, 10:27   #1

Town: Leicester
Boat name: Dunno yet!
Make: Patriot Rib
Length: 8m +
Engine: 300 Verado
Send a message via MSN to patriot
Pacsoe?!!

Hi guys, after spending way to much time scanning through posts on this site i realised that no one really mentions Pascoes ribs. Has anyone ever been on one of the big ones (10m things)? you see them in magazines but ive only ever seen one in the flesh! (or glass n hyperlon)
I no the big ones are aimed at the superyacht tander market, but there seems to be many more similarly priced scorpions around than the pascoes?!

just a thought
Old 23 May 2007, 23:07   #2

Town: Midlands
Make: Nautique
Length: 6m +
Engine: PCM 5.7l
Been on a Sr9 with yanmar 315. Was an absolute monster, ran in the 60's into a force 5/6, bow tank filled and flew flat as you like.
H
Old 24 May 2007, 09:15   #3

Town: Leicester
Boat name: Dunno yet!
Make: Patriot Rib
Length: 8m +
Engine: 300 Verado
Send a message via MSN to patriot
im truly jealous, ive never had the chance to go out on one. arent they quite narrow? i notice you have still got your solent? how are you getting on with it? if i remember correctly you had the first inboard 6m, and i had the first outboard version?! i think....
Old 28 May 2007, 14:25   #4

I did an own boat tuition Advanced course on a Pascoe SY10 out of Hamble last year.

The boat was powered by twin yanmars, had the stepped hull, and was nothing short of amazing in all respects. The build quality was superb, and the level of finish and attention to detail first rate. It was a very comfortable Rib to helm, and it handled waves extremely well. Top speed was good as well.

But - I'm still not sure I'd have blown £170k on one, even if I had it!
Old 28 May 2007, 15:05   #5

Town: Midlands
Make: Nautique
Engine: PCM 5.7l
Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot View Post
im truly jealous, ive never had the chance to go out on one. arent they quite narrow? i notice you have still got your solent? how are you getting on with it? if i remember correctly you had the first inboard 6m, and i had the first outboard version?! i think....
Yep still got the Solent. Had a fantastic summer with it last year but haven't had it out at all this year.
Dad's been doing some fixing jobs on the console today which likes to bend hinges. Other than that we haven't had a problem with it.

Should if things go to plan have it in the Soton Dry Stack for the summer so as soon as A levels finish its boating time!

Harry