Old 19 January 2006, 20:45   #1
ADS

Town: Dorset
Length: 4m +
Osprey Eagle 5.6m

http://www.boatsandoutboards.co.uk/view/F73613

Just spotted the above on boats and outboards, seems cheap enough. Is it massively overpowered. its a 150hp not a 200hp as per the cowling. According to the osprey website max is 115hp.
Any thoughts,

Alex
Old 19 January 2006, 21:31   #2

Town: Gosport
Boat name: April Lass
Make: Moody 31
Length: 9m +
Very early example of the Eagle, probably 90 - 91 vintage. Eagle a little wobbly compared to more modern designs when you step aboard but tuff ribs. Notice tube material seams go around not along the tubes and engine cables above deck. Dash board has been plated over because hits had a change of instruments. Anchor locker in bow section was changed on later models and owners fitted henderson hatch to use nose space. I have the nose cone mould if you wanted to change it. Been on e bay a couple of times and not sold, guess an offer is in order. V6 way over the top, 100 - 115 would suffice, but it would be very quick if you could keep it in the water.

Pete
Old 19 January 2006, 21:32   #3

Town: Stockholm
Boat name: Osprey & Ring
Make: Osprey & Ring
Length: 9m +
Engine: Plenty
Sounds cheap, is probably a 150 as the advert say but they changed to 200 on the cover.
with a 150 merc it must be fast as hell, i would say almost to dangerous if you cant handle the boat, the newer Eagles are wider and heavier so 150hp on a new Eagle is no problem but on the old ones its plenty hp, i would say that the engine has probably run very gentle because i doubt you can run that boat on full revs in open sea as long as it not very calm.