Old 17 May 2006, 05:49   #31
Town: Reading, Hants
Boat name: Juicy
Make: Sealine F43
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2 x 370hp
drop mark at ribcraft a call, they did mine and are superb, plus you get a 5 yr warranty on the tube and workmanship

drop me a pm if you need an introduction as i know mark

Originally Posted by springtide66
Glad i stumbbled into this thread! Am looking at getting a 5mtr Tornado retubed and now know to give Olmec a wide berth!

We run a marine valet/maint company and if we operated with the same "couldnt give a monkeys" attitude we would be out of business in a month!!!

the marine community is very close and word about a bad job or attitude spreads like mad along the Hamble

Hugh Jardon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2006, 16:47   #32
Town: costa del pontypool
Boat name: ole sharky
Make: sr4 now very fast
Length: 4m +
Engine: johnson 60 vro
your tubes

i would be looking first to trading standards inform them on whats happened also the lack of response and most importantly the"cant be botherd attertude" they will chase the matter for you,or you could go to a small clame court on reading on what you say and there reply they wouldnt stand a chance as far as you gave them a second-therd chance to repair you have been more than understanding and as far as they are a proffesional company well??????????????? you all make your own opinion i also was looking for new tubes I WONT BE GOING THERE!!!!!!!!!
lercher please keep us informed on what u are going to do

zip a de do da zipa de day orrr no its been another sh*t day
bigmike35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2006, 01:30   #33
RIBnet supporter
Town: Tisted Hampshire
Boat name: Hot Lemon
Make: Scorpion
Length: 8m +
Engine: Inboard
MMSI: 235
Send a message via MSN to LURCHER
Thanks for all the input .I have now had a proper professional survey done and will remain silent untill the conclusion of this saga . I will of course report back via here of the result .............but don't hold your breath !
LURCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2006, 03:10   #34
Town: Essex/Vendee
Boat name: shockwave,Voluntry 2
Make: Pac 22/ searider5.4
Length: 6m +
Engine: 180hp turbo,yam 90
In the past many of the rib manufacturers-Revenger,Aquaflyte,Breeze Ribs,Leeway,and Shakespeare Have used Olec for tubing .I hope after this They will see sense instead of POUND signs in their pockets.I would be interested to have some sort of response on here from the above and your comments as the consumer(constructive comments please)However I,m sure some will say oh no not this again but i think this is a valid point to be discussed and may avoid another LURCHER AND FJORDRAFTING saga to list a couple

PeterR is offline   Reply With Quote