Click Here to Login

Old 28 March 2006, 09:10   #1

Boat name: The Boot
Make: Avon SR5.4
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki DF70
Old searider reconfiguring. Why not?

So I was just looking at my 5.4 and wondering how much better it would be
with a console and jockey pods like the Ribcrafts. To be honest if I had access to a bunch of Seariders I'd consider refurbing and rekitting them as a Ribcraft. Afterall the searider hull is a brick sh!t proven hull and the Ribcrafts layout look polished. If I were in the UK I'd seriously consider going into the biz of reconfiging old seariders and have molds made for a matching console and pods to outfit like a Ribcraft. Doesn't most of the work go into the hulls anyways? From what I gather tubes and consoles are the easier bit (just what I've observed through conversation). I think the Avon center pod is a poor design but I personally have too much going on and limited finances to take on a re-config. At most I'm going to have a tall windshield fabbed from SS. Just a random though I had tonight.
Old 28 March 2006, 13:37   #2

Town: I.O.W
Boat name: Leeway
Make: leeway 730
Length: 7m +
Engine: 250hp = 73mph :0)
I think you will find most people who buy a old searider do change the deck layout as we sell lots of jockey consoles. we have converted quite a few as well..
Old 28 March 2006, 17:07   #3

Hmm. I don't think I've seen a photo of a searider with a different layout. It was a random thought I had. Actually I do recall a photo of one 5.4 that was converted now that I think about it..... Oh jeez what was I thinking there are a bunch of sr4s that were converted as well!!!

When I think about it I have seen a variety of sr4s that were reconsoled but alot of them don't look too proper including mine I might add. It would be cool if someone really designed a nice console/pod layout that made the seariders look really spiffy.

Anyways it was really late lastnight when I made the initial post. Thats what happens when I work too late....
Old 29 March 2006, 01:30   #4

Town: Punta gorda Fl.
Boat name: War Machine
Make: Falcon U.S.A.
Length: 9m +
Engine: twin 250 Yamaha
Have you got your boat back together since your last pictures? put some up if you have them, would like to see how it came out.
Old 29 March 2006, 02:59   #5

Its coming together. I've reduced some of my ambitions a little. Time and such, I'm beginning to think I need to get her together so I can go for some runs before other responsibilites take all my time. I will take some pics and post in the gallery forum.