RIBnet admin team

Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu 30HP
MMSI: 235089819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knot Yet View Post
Hi Polwart - good idea and we have looked at it - the nearest and cheapest is £1000 for the year so more than we can afford currently
Understand you not wanting to pay £1k to store a £6k boat. Finding storage that is practical (i.e. usable, accessible, somewhere you want to base yourself) and a sensible proportion of the cost of ownership has been a pain for many people myself included, and I believe it is worse down south - for £1k up here you would be expecting some serious "service" beyond storage.

I realise its probably at your upper limit anyway - but in some parts of the country a standard mooring is the cheapest option (but does depend on supply/demand etc), and that would potentially let you flog the trailer and get some £ back - but I realise I am clutching at straws and actually if its that close to the total budget then in the current ecconomic climate the prudent decision may well be to delay/keep looking.
Old 05 October 2009, 19:32   #22

Town: Horsham
Boat name: Knot a RIB
Make: Avon Typhoon
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yamaha 25hp
Mooring - not a bad idea and not one we have not considered - will have a look in the morning at what's available - thanks for the suggestion

However as I have already let the seller know we can't proceed I best not muck him around further - I'm sure he's already dissapointed at the decision

J
Old 05 October 2009, 22:17   #23

Town: Up Norf
Make: Avon SR4,Tremlett 23
Engine: Yam 55, Volvo 200
Get him to stick it on here, enough people have already said it seemed a good enough buy.
Old 06 October 2009, 11:47   #24

Boat name: Wildheart
Make: Humber/Delta Seasafe
Length: 5m +
Engine: Merc 60 Clamshell
MMSI: 235068449
Quote:
- we've then spent the last 2 hours re-arranging the drive and it does'nt matter which way we shift everything it's not going to fit
Just as a "heads up" the O-PRo has a small family - there are 2mBeam versions that will even fit a standard garage, so don't limit yourself by instantly ignoring anything that says "O-Pro".

I know what you mean about the storage tho'. Ideally I'd be another metre or so longer & another 0.5m wider, but it ain't going to fit! I put together a spreadsheet of sub 6m hulls when I was looking to upsize the 4m searider. If you let me know your max width & length I'll post the boats that should go in the gap.
Old 06 October 2009, 17:01   #25

Town: Gloucestershire
Boat name: Osprey
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Engine: E-tec 300 G2
MMSI: TBC
I think you have made the right decision to not buy that rib. Although I hope you offered to pay the ebayer his listing fees :sick

That pair of old coal burners on the back is one good reason to run in the opposite direction I reckon you would be using about 2 litres per mile at any reasonable cruising speed and I very much doubt you would see more than 35 knots out of it.

For 6k there is better to be had IMHO, just bide your time.

Four year ago I bought Keymar (renamed Danny Boy) off this website if you do some searches you will see what a good boat it was. Osprey Viper 5.25 with an immaculate 90 Johnson 90HP on the back. I paid about 5k for that boat, granted they dont come up like this every day however they do from time to time. I will keep my eyes pealed for you

Born fiddler
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 October 2009, 17:56   #26

Town: Brum
Boat name: UTV
Make: zodiac FR
Engine: 2 stroke 15hp
MMSI: 999
Its on ebay again here
Old 06 October 2009, 18:15   #27

Town: N Wales Chester
Boat name: Mr Smith
Make: Humber
Length: 6m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I think you have made the right decision to not buy that rib. Although I hope you offered to pay the ebayer his listing fees :sick

That pair of old coal burners on the back is one good reason to run in the opposite direction I reckon you would be using about 2 litres per mile at any reasonable cruising speed and I very much doubt you would see more than 35 knots out of it.

For 6k there is better to be had IMHO, just bide your time.

Four year ago I bought Keymar (renamed Danny Boy) off this website if you do some searches you will see what a good boat it was. Osprey Viper 5.25 with an immaculate 90 Johnson 90HP on the back. I paid about 5k for that boat, granted they dont come up like this every day however they do from time to time. I will keep my eyes pealed for you
'tis true. We part exed our Avon SR 5.4 with no patches or holes with a 90 opti 4 years old on the back for £5k and it was for sale for £6k on here. It is a waiting game.
Old 06 October 2009, 19:29   #28

Tinker,Paul - I think you are both right - I do feel a lot happier having waved goodbye to it

Will try really hard and be patient - if anyone has a little gem needing a home do shout.

So chuffed with all the help offered here at Ribnet that I've become a Ribnet Supporter - felt it was better value than refunding a listing fee!! - feel a bit guilty though

I see he's re listed at £6500

Thanks again

J

Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club.
Knot Yet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 October 2009, 20:01   #29

Town: Brum
Boat name: UTV
Make: zodiac FR
Engine: 2 stroke 15hp
MMSI: 999
He should not have to pay the listing fee if you both accept it was a mistake in the listing or some think along those lines.
Old 06 October 2009, 20:11   #30

Town: NW& wherever the boat is!
Boat name: depends on m'mood!
Make: Humbers/15-24m cats
Engine: etec130/big volvos
MMSI: many and various
Bruce - like the double fender strip on the bow of your destroyer-its like our ocean pro but when we got the destroyer a couple of years back to go with it good old humbers said they hadnt put it on as requested cos theycouldnt do that sorta strip on a destroyer. Hohum perhaps they just couldnt be bothered
Old 06 October 2009, 20:14   #31

Town: Poole
Make: Bananashark
Engine: Outboard
Leeway still has my old 4.8M Ribcraft for sale, it was in fantastic condition and although he has it listed at over £8k he may well take a deal going into the winter . It only has just over 100hrs on a 50hp Honda, great little boat.
Old 06 October 2009, 22:04   #32

Town: Inverness
Boat name: none
Make: none
Engine: none
MMSI: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavelength View Post
Bruce - like the double fender strip on the bow of your destroyer-its like our ocean pro but when we got the destroyer a couple of years back to go with it good old humbers said they hadnt put it on as requested cos theycouldnt do that sorta strip on a destroyer. Hohum perhaps they just couldnt be bothered
I had a few mods made to mine away from the ordinary factory spec.
I have an underfloor cable duct run in mine and the floor finished with no non-slip finish on top of the bow reinforcing shown.
I also bought a console that I was told by the factory was too big to fit within the Destroyers hull beam.
I just told them what I wanted and wouldn't take no for an answer before I would pay the deposit. I also visited the factory and took a measuring tape to make sure it would all fit and place the duct exit positions as I fitted the console myself when I go it home.
Old 07 October 2009, 06:39   #33

I've tried to get in touch with Leeway regarding the project rib they have but to no avail - he (or they) don't seem to answer PM's on here or via the website - it bothers me that communication prior to sale is so slow I wonder what after sale communication would be like.

How did you get on dealing with Leeway Seansunseeker?

J

Old 07 October 2009, 07:15   #34

Town: Gloucestershire
Boat name: Osprey
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Engine: E-tec 300 G2
MMSI: TBC
Quote:
I've tried to get in touch with Leeway regarding the project rib they have but to no avail - he (or they) don't seem to answer PM's on here or via the website - it bothers me that communication prior to sale is so slow I wonder what after sale communication would be like.

How did you get on dealing with Leeway Seansunseeker?

J
Just call them, Lee is normally pretty repsonsive.

Born fiddler
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 October 2009, 07:54   #35

Town: I.O.W
Boat name: Leeway
Make: leeway 730
Length: 7m +
Engine: 250hp = 73mph :0)
hi,

really busy here at the moment so sorry if we missed your call! we do have answer machine and i can be contacted out of work hours on my mobile. number can be found on answer machine message.

hope this helps
Lee
Old 07 October 2009, 08:38   #36

Thanks Lee -will be in touch

J

Old 07 October 2009, 14:30   #37

Town: Bucks
Boat name: Spare Rib
Make: Zodiac/Bombard
Engine: 90hp Yamaha
Does this poster deserve any help? He's admitted that he has reneged on a legally binding contract for no good reason.

If any of you were the seller of the RIB, how would you feel about his behaviour?
Old 07 October 2009, 14:57   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer View Post
Does this poster deserve any help? He's admitted that he has reneged on a legally binding contract for no good reason.

If any of you were the seller of the RIB, how would you feel about his behaviour?
Fair point Tim - however there were a number of other issues with the RIB that I have chosen not to air in public as I did'nt think that would have been fair - I gave a reasonable reason on here regarding length that would'nt impact on anyone else buying her.

I did'nt therefore feel obliged to refund the listing fee as the description was far from truthfully reflective

Thanks for your interest though

Jean the FEMALE poster!!

Old 07 October 2009, 15:19   #39

Town: Bucks
Boat name: Spare Rib
Make: Zodiac/Bombard
Engine: 90hp Yamaha
Quote:
I did'nt therefore feel obliged to refund the listing fee as the description was far from truthfully reflective

Thanks for your interest though

Jean the FEMALE poster!!
Sorry Jean. I don't come across many of your sex on this board.

If the description was not accurate then of course you had a valid reason for withdrawing from the contract, and I withdraw my remarks. Are you aware that that you can make an offer "subject to inspection"? You would then be fully entitled to withdraw if you're not happy with what you see, even if the description is accurate.
Old 07 October 2009, 15:25   #40

No worries Tim - it's a bit sad really a 41 year old girlie getting excited about RIBs!!

I agree on the face of it I behaved badly - as a seller myself on eBay I know how frustrating buyers can be!! - but I felt walking away was the best option.

Take care

J