Old 18 October 2012, 12:08   #11
Town: Globe
Boat name: Floaty Weirdo
Make: 15m bigego
Length: 10m +
Engine: Ford Alternantor
Originally Posted by simsy View Post
I like your post, and can relate to all of it... but..

If my marine engine ever stops for no obvious reason I would never go out again until it was recified and prooved in a safe bit of water / tank test. At sea, your life is your engine running.

The first time I went out in my boat I was very disapointed with the performance, very poor... then after a good few seconds I remembered that my very large transom wheels were still down.... on the menai straights, with a 3 year old and wife on board.... Your mind is full and things can get over looked.....
Thats the thing, your mind is on so many things, I've joined a proper club now, where you have to write where your going in a book so people know where you are. The engine was fine, the primer bulb was hard, but only a bit of air was getting in so it conked out only every now and then, still cant believe I went out still, madness really in hind sight. I was just so eager to use the boat after weeks of restoration it could have had water flooding in and I would have still gone out. There seems to be a lack of still waters in the area where you can test a boat, I suppose most people dont have boats and those that do are considered well off enough to pay in the eyes of the none boaty people, as I found out in Yalding when the NRA charged me 35 to put in in the water for an hour. I wont be buying a fishing license again or taking the boat on the river, the blokes down there were worse than the bouncers at a cage fight. I think the Train Gold Tops have moved over to checking tickets on the river. Its alienated me from the NRA. Shame because until then I was always one who justified a fishing licence to others saying it was well worth it because of the work they do. Now I think "Sod You Mate" , but I still take my rubbish home , and other peoples.

spareribs is offline   Reply With Quote