Old 02 May 2013, 13:21   #11

Town: Portland
Boat name: Tilikum
Make: Zodiac FC-470
Length: 4m +
Engine: Suzuki DT-40
Does anyone have a parts or pricing list for Zodiac F470/FC470 parts? Are there board members who have parts available? After extensive searches online there's very few parts or places available other than going through a retailer.

Old 02 May 2013, 13:48   #12

Town: Seattle
Boat name: Water Dog
Make: Polaris
Engine: Yamaha 60hp
There are mostly UK and EU members on this board. You will probably want to stick with a US based retailer however. Online tends to be similar pricing to a local place, at least in my area and I'm imagining Portland is similar. There are several inflatable places in Portland carrying Zodiac products. They aren't cheap anywhere.

Old 08 July 2013, 19:47   #13

Town: Vancouver, WA
Make: Zodiac FC470
Engine: 40 HP Yamaha
Congrats on for FC470! I actually just picked one up myself last week, and I happen to live in Vancouver, WA. We can meet up on Gov't Island!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Industrial CrossFit FC470.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	82609

Quote:
Originally Posted by F470 View Post
Hi.

I just received my first (used) boat last week and am completely new to boating and inflatables. I have many questions regarding care and restoration of the boat. Here's a few:

1. Is there a Conditioner/UV protectant out there that you would recommend for the Hypalon?
2. Any suggestions for what to use for glue residue removal? Can I use Goo-gone safely on the Hypalon?
3. Is there a Hypalon compatible touch up paint available for parts of the Hypalon where the fabric has been exposed from wear?
4. The paint has worn off D-rings. Any suggestion of what to use to re-coat them?
5. Recommendations for salt deposit removal? All the eyelets have salt deposits on them.
6. Where do you source spare parts for repair? Is there a place online that you recommend?
7. What size and type of trailer do you recommend for a 15.5" Zodiac FC470?
8. The transom needs to be refinished and rebuilt. Any tips and suggestions of how to go about it and where to source parts?
9. Are the valves easy to rebuilt yourself and where do you source new parts, gaskets, etc?
10. The wood on the floor between bow and aluminum floor as well as the wood on the transom need refinishing. Any suggestions for salt water resistant paint or anti-slip coating?

If you own one of these I would love to hear more about how you went about restoring and refinishing as well as where you sourced parts and materials.

Thanks!
Old 08 July 2013, 19:56   #14

Town: Royal Wootton Bassett
Length: 8m +
Engine: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantG View Post
Congrats on for FC470! I actually just picked one up myself last week, and I happen to live in Vancouver, WA. We can meet up on Gov't Island!

Attachment 82609
Nice one, I think I have trailer envy! can you post any more pics of how you have the trailer set up
Old 09 July 2013, 16:22   #15

Town: Oakland CA
Length: 3m +
I was wondering why he had a gate on his trailer... Took a minute to figure it out.

I think I need a vacation.

jky
Old 11 July 2013, 19:26   #16

Town: Portland
Boat name: Tilikum
Make: Zodiac FC-470
Engine: Suzuki DT-40
Definitely! You are now the 4th FC470 owner that I know of in the Portland/Vancouver area. Nice truck too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantG View Post

Attachment 82609
Old 12 July 2013, 01:14   #17

Town: Vancouver, WA
Make: Zodiac FC470
Engine: 40 HP Yamaha
Cool! Good to know there are a few other F470 owners in the PDX area. Do you have a motor for your Zodiac yet? I dont have one yet, but am planning to get one soon. In the meanwhile I have ten paddles and a lot of friends eager to get out on the water while the sun is out...