Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 08 May 2010, 14:39   #11
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southampton
Boat name: no name yet
Make: Still building it..
Length: 5m +
Engine: 115 hp
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bam Bam View Post
Now now, don't spoil the image for the southerners.
Ha Ha I am a southern boy myself been here in the Northeast 20 years .

Its not a bad place to live 2 degrees colder than the South most of the time but the scenery can't be beaten.

The south coast will for me always be Home.
__________________

__________________
Sonar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 May 2010, 14:40   #12
Member
 
chewy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Up Norf
Make: Avon SR4,Tremlett 23
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yam 55, Volvo 200
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonar View Post
Steady man we don't all own wippets yah nah
I have three whippets although I wouldn't say any of them conform to the breed standard.
__________________

__________________
chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 May 2010, 14:41   #13
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southampton
Boat name: no name yet
Make: Still building it..
Length: 5m +
Engine: 115 hp
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewy View Post
I have three whippets although I wouldn't say any of them conform to the breed standard.
But do you have a flat cap Phil.?
__________________
Sonar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 May 2010, 14:44   #14
Member
 
chewy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Up Norf
Make: Avon SR4,Tremlett 23
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yam 55, Volvo 200
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,217
Yep, and a Land Rover and a stick I take with me when I walk the dogs.
__________________
chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 May 2010, 14:47   #15
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southampton
Boat name: no name yet
Make: Still building it..
Length: 5m +
Engine: 115 hp
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewy View Post
Yep, and a Land Rover and a stick I take with me when I walk the dogs.
Talking about Landrover been offered a D reg lwb very good condition stored away for the last 14 years not sure if it's a defender or county or another
not given me the price yet any idea what it may be worth price wise.?
__________________
Sonar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 May 2010, 15:33   #16
Member
 
Kernow Buoy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Cornwall
Length: no boat
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonar View Post
Talking about Landrover been offered a D reg lwb very good condition stored away for the last 14 years not sure if it's a defender or county or another
not given me the price yet any idea what it may be worth price wise.?

1987 would be a county, ignore the age for value, condition is everything.
__________________
Kernow Buoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 May 2010, 15:39   #17
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southampton
Boat name: no name yet
Make: Still building it..
Length: 5m +
Engine: 115 hp
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernow View Post
1987 would be a county, ignore the age for value, condition is everything.
Thought a d reg was late 60s early 70s I was wrong again... and again D is the start of the plate D
That's the one county
__________________
Sonar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 May 2010, 15:47   #18
Member
 
chewy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Up Norf
Make: Avon SR4,Tremlett 23
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yam 55, Volvo 200
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonar View Post
Thought a d reg was late 60s early 70s I was wrong again... and again D is the start of the plate D
That's the one county
Its a 110, County is the spec of it.
__________________
chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 May 2010, 16:01   #19
Member
 
Hightower's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Fareham
Length: 6m +
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 7,855
Getting back on subject, Craig let me have a good look at these seats today. Obviously the ones on the RIB were set up for a lighter person so was a little squishy for me but can be adjusted by a little air pump that comes supplied with each seat. I'd have loved a Sea trial, but that proved impossible due to it being a two seater and me having my two kids with me.


As for the comfort, it felt OK, a little hard but there was a promise that a new neoprene cover was being developed for further comfort.

750 does seem expensive, but if proved to be as good as the other shock mitigation seats I saw today would be very good value and a fraction of the cost.

The other advantage is that you'll be able to use it with standard jockey seat pods, so won't compromise on the storage (very important in a small RIB) and easy to retrofit on any jockey. This might me a very popular seat if the price comes down and might cause a storm in after market sales.

So I for one will be keeping my eye on it.
__________________
Andy

Looks Slow but is Fast
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club.
Hightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 May 2010, 16:07   #20
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southampton
Boat name: no name yet
Make: Still building it..
Length: 5m +
Engine: 115 hp
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightower View Post
Getting back on subject, Craig let me have a good look at these seats today. Obviously the ones on the RIB were set up for a lighter person so was a little squishy for me but can be adjusted by a little air pump that comes supplied with each seat. I'd have loved a Sea trial, but that proved impossible due to it being a two seater and me having my two kids with me.


As for the comfort, it felt OK, a little hard but there was a promise that a new neoprene cover was being developed for further comfort.

750 does seem expensive, but if proved to be as good as the other shock mitigation seats I saw today would be very good value and a fraction of the cost.

The other advantage is that you'll be able to use it with standard jockey seat pods, so won't compromise on the storage (very important in a small RIB) and easy to retrofit on any jockey. This might me a very popular seat if the price comes down and might cause a storm in after market sales.

So I for one will be keeping my eye on it.
I may agree with your comments however so far as myself and many many other ribsters go
the price is very high.
As you say they may go down in price .
It would be nice to see a good quality budget version of the seats that would be affordable to all. and take rib development into a new era .

Ribs don't seem to have changed much in many years they just alter a small amount.
__________________

__________________
Sonar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:54.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.