Town: Enfield/Switzerland
Boat name: Zonneschijn II/Vixen
Make: Shakespeare/Avon
Length: 7m +
Engine: Evin' 175 DI /Yam 90
MMSI: 235055605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightower View Post

I still think however that the Shakespeare on offer by Steve the boat is an extremely good buy for the size, this would be one RIB you won't want to be upgrading in the near future, due to it's size.
Wanna bet... I keep thinking of upgrading... to another Shakey 720, fitted out my me how I know I would like it... But, with nowhere to keep it and no time to do it, think I'll give that one a miss and stick to the one I've got... thinking of adding a Leeway cabin console or similar though (or at least I was until I found out Lee does not sell them seperately )
Old 16 August 2008, 11:01   #62

Town: Fareham
Length: 6m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Harvey View Post
Wanna bet... I keep thinking of upgrading... to another Shakey 720, fitted out my me how I know I would like it... But, with nowhere to keep it and no time to do it, think I'll give that one a miss and stick to the one I've got... thinking of adding a Leeway cabin console or similar though (or at least I was until I found out Lee does not sell them seperately )
I tell you what Neil, I think you're onto something as I think the wide beam Shakey would be an Ideal cabin RIB project. Winsor marine had a mould that had a cabin door built in, however the 800 Ocean RIb it's meant to be mounted on has a bigger than average forward hull/bow section and I belive that the cabin went under deck. However it might be worth contaction Malcolm as I'm sure it's something they could modify to increase upper deck cabin area. I'm also certain the price would appeal too.

Looks Slow but is Fast
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club.
Hightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2008, 11:17   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downhilldai View Post
Yep - I found this to be the case too, when pricing a very basic boat. The Ribcraft extras cost a fortune though - £200 for nav lights, £500 for a seat pod, £1k for a fuel tank.....
Yes I agree, I also forgot that the price's quoted didn't include a fuel tank for the RIBcraft which would have added extra ££'s

On a slightly negative for the Osprey though, when I was looking at speccing mine (a year ago) they didn't have a large range of consoles on offer and could offer only one width of seat base. I have been told they are addressing this situation however.

I supplied my own Console from a different manufacturer and they had no problems fitting it for me and they custom altered my seating too.

The other slight negative, was that Osprey didn't offer a seat upholstery service and stainless fitment service, both that would have been of interest to me. They however recommended people to me but where too far North to have been practible (living on the South Coast).

These are only my own personal observations, but most prefer it the way it is.

By the Way, I'm so happy with mine that if I do upgrade it would be for a bigger Vipermax with more two sets of 200 Horses on the back. Yehha

Looks Slow but is Fast
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club.
Hightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2008, 11:22   #64

Town: West Wales
Make: Vipermax 5.8, SR4.7
Length: 5m +
Engine: 150 Opti, F50EFi
I thought the largest Vipermax could only take 2x150hp
Old 16 August 2008, 17:00   #65