Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 04 February 2014, 12:35   #1
Member
 
Simon B's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Leicester
Boat name: Vixen
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki OB 175
MMSI: 235071839
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,621
New Socks or Boots on Typhoon Surface Drysuit

The latex socks on my Typhoon surface suit have gone the way of all latex??? I can get a new pair put on quite easily, have any members gone for replacing them with boots either wellington types or diver type?

I had been using Typhoon rock boots but your feet get well cold on a long day out.
__________________

__________________
New boat is here, very happy!
Simon
www.luec.org
Simon B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 February 2014, 12:53   #2
Member
 
M.Thornton's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: blackpool
Boat name: Fast Forward
Make: Scorpion
Length: 8m +
Engine: 315 Yanmar
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon B View Post
The latex socks on my Typhoon surface suit have gone the way of all latex??? I can get a new pair put on quite easily, have any members gone for replacing them with boots either wellington types or diver type?

I had been using Typhoon rock boots but your feet get well cold on a long day out.
Am very happy with neoprene bootees and a decent pair of fishing over boots
Never felt cold
__________________

__________________
M.Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 February 2014, 13:02   #3
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Dorset
Boat name: Seabadger
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: DF140
MMSI: -
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 503
Give Dennis at Predator Suits a call. Great bloke, very knowledgeable and will be able to advise best options. All my suits are diving suits and have standard neoprene and rubber boots which are very comfortable and hard wearing with lots of grip and comfortable to wear on sharp surfaces due to having a thick sole. I'm sure Dennis can fit these to any type of suit.
__________________
diver 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 February 2014, 13:15   #4
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Dorset
Length: 6m +
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by diver 1 View Post
Give Dennis at Predator Suits a call. Great bloke, very knowledgeable and will be able to advise best options. All my suits are diving suits and have standard neoprene and rubber boots which are very comfortable and hard wearing with lots of grip and comfortable to wear on sharp surfaces due to having a thick sole. I'm sure Dennis can fit these to any type of suit.
+1 for Dennis. Top bloke who does repairs for lots of the RNLI suits. Got my current (diving) drysuit from him in June and the workmanship is superb.
__________________
CUSAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 February 2014, 14:19   #5
Member
 
kerny's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Ashton-under-Lyne Lancs
Boat name: IMOGEN
Make: Air-Craft 5.4
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 60
MMSI: 235087492
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7,040
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to kerny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon B View Post
The latex socks on my Typhoon surface suit have gone the way of all latex??? I can get a new pair put on quite easily, have any members gone for replacing them with boots either wellington types or diver type?

I had been using Typhoon rock boots but your feet get well cold on a long day out.
If you want to stay dry latex all the way I use rock boots and never had a problem with cold but it does help if you wear a couple of pair of thermal socks underneath
__________________
Member of S.A.B.S. (Lancashire Division)
kerny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 February 2014, 17:45   #6
Member
 
Country: USA
Town: Oakland CA
Length: 3m +
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 6,653
My dive suit has a crushed neoprene sock, over which I wear a pair of canvas tennis shoes.

jky
__________________
jyasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 February 2014, 22:30   #7
Member
 
Peter_C's Avatar
 
Country: USA
Boat name: Uh...a kayak?
Length: 4m +
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,485
I have used and currently own both types, and much prefer a built in boot, mostly for ease of donning and doffing, plus it is less to wash.
__________________
Peter_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 February 2014, 12:24   #8
Member
 
Roflhat's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Isle of Lewis
Make: Ceasar Thundercat
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yamaha 70ces
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 633
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_C View Post
I have used and currently own both types, and much prefer a built in boot, mostly for ease of donning and doffing, plus it is less to wash.
I'm the same, always wear some thick socks too. Only problem I have is that the boots on my drysuit are too big to fit in the footstraps on my thundercat!
__________________
Roflhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 February 2014, 12:34   #9
Member
 
Simon B's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Leicester
Boat name: Vixen
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki OB 175
MMSI: 235071839
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,621
I'm thinking renew in latex, cheaper than boots, just get some thermal socks. Might try Aldi!
__________________

__________________
New boat is here, very happy!
Simon
www.luec.org
Simon B is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:30.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.