Old 18 January 2015, 14:36   #61

nmea fitted, working fine except fuel flow. engine info is now available on both my garmins :-). i already knew it likely wouldn't work 100% doing some reading online, it seems suzuki dunno their ass from elbow with this stuff.

at idle my df200 was jumping between 16 and 21 gallons per hour, it should be circa 1.2litres per hour at idle by all accounts.

anyways, off it comes and back to suzuki it goes to downgrade the software on the smis adapter to v2.5 as that is the most reliable for fuel flow by the looks of it.

it was meant to ship to me with v2.8 but it arrived with 2.7, both are as bad as each other anyway for fuel flow. 2.9 was just released in USA last week and early indications are promising it is working fine, i have the updates here but you need a lowrance chartplotter to update the suzuki cable as lowrance make sooz guages etc.

will update thread when i know more.

cheers
Old 18 January 2015, 23:37   #62

Boat name: Wildheart
Make: Humber/Delta Seasafe
Length: 5m +
Engine: Merc 60 Clamshell
MMSI: 235068449
How modern a Lowrance does it need to be?

I got one on me console - No ide when we'll be In the same vicinity, but I am aiming for Easdale in May if you can wait that long and a 520 is of any use.....

I will try to get out before then just to prove to myself the engine still works but no idea when as yet.
Old 19 January 2015, 13:00   #63

hi mate,

if your lowrance has an SD card and nmea then it should be okay i would have though.

I'll certainly keep it in mind if i get no joy from sooz, i assume it won't be too difficult to get 2.9 on it though.

thanks for offer :-)

if you fancy it, i'll be doing loch lomond this weekend coming

cheers
Old 24 January 2015, 20:52   #64

First run out today, loch lomond and we had sun, rain and snow all within 2 hours.

Couple of niggles but nothing that can't be fixed. The boat has been piss poorly setup, hydraulic steering is terrible and the throttle is useless. If a mouse coughed on it it would move.

Another one which may be more of a pain is the fuel gauge is pointless. You can only see the fuel level at a complete stop, I doubt it would read in rough weather.

Anyways, for first go on it.... Happy

I have video. Link shortly
Old 24 January 2015, 20:57   #65

Old 24 January 2015, 23:12   #66

Town: Acharacle
Boat name: Iolar
Make: Redbay
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki DF175
Looks a peachy day! Lomond at it's best this time of year; nobody else around. Did the same thing the first year we got our boat, all the way up to the head of the loch in freezing rain
Old 25 January 2015, 09:01   #67

Town: Wild West
Boat name: No Boat
Make: No Boat
Length: under 3m
Send a message via AIM to Maximus
Nice first Outing....looks like a tidy Boat!..although with a few Waves you'll get more of a feel of Her for sure!
In my experience All mechanical Fuel Guages are a waste of time!..a good flow meter and smart Guages are the way to go!
The throttle is a VERY quick fix....and as you know very important for handleing (especially in more demanding conditions!)
If you flip off the rubber grommet on the side of the stick there is a screw that will adjust the friction to suit your needs.
I'll Look forward to seeing some more of your Vids in the Future!
You going on the ERR? Quite a few RC's will be there!

The Road to HELL ..is Paved with "Good inventions!"
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2015, 12:01   #68

Yes I'll be going to easdale, signed up already.

For fuel I'll have my nmea sorted soon, I had to send the cable back to suzuki for an update as it was reading 20 gallons fuel burn at idle!!!

The steering must have air in it as you can turn the wheel and nothing nothing nothing then it will bite and turn.

There is another issue, it leans to port when under way, the engine is already offset so I'll probably need to look at raising the motor.

Cheers

Tags
rib