Old 21 February 2005, 08:08   #61

Town: Pwllheli-North Wales
Boat name: V-ONE
Make: Highfield
Length: 8m +
Engine: Honda 250hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete7
My only comment about the tubes was I would be interested in buying them, but given there history it would be at trade price for second hand tubes, say £1k.

Pete7
Pete7

Your comment should read-
I would of been interested in buying them

These tubes are sold to a forum member on a new hull and ED is fitting them.

Shakespeare will sell anyone a RIB hull but if you want a complete boat with Suzuki Outboard and Trailer then come see PBS, we have not had any complaints from boats that have gone out.
Old 21 February 2005, 08:29   #62

Town: Over here
Boat name: S.S. Nobstick
Make: Three Wise Monkeys
Length: 3m +
Engine: 44lbs of thrust....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete7
Jono, you were held in high regard on this forum by its members, you advice has always been sound and you are well liked. What I cannot understand therefore why you have become invovled in this. It certainly can't be fun for you and there must be easier ways of making money than trying to sell ribs. As you say Steve will sell anyone a rib, therefore I would choose to go straight to the manufacturer and cut out the middle men thereby saving the commission.

Peter
Flattery will get you nowhere......

I am involved for several reasons. The first and probably the most important as far as I am concerned is because young Jono is my friend. As Bilge, has helpfully pointed out, Jono does have a slight tendency to fly off the handle and let his emotions get in the way of his ability to post. Let's not forget he is a very enterprising young (and I use that word with some jealousy) fellow who has one of the busiest RYA approved powerboat training schools. You don’t achieve that degree of success by shoddy practice or underhand behaviour. That is only achieved by hard work and endeavour and I am sure that he will make a great success of his school in Southampton too.
Unfortunately that and his other enterprises leaves him with precious little time to be able to deal with some of the nonsense that is being posted here. Fortunately I am an idle sod, so I have more time on my hands…..

As to buying direct from Shakespeare, of course you can do that (and Steve is a good bloke to deal with) however, seeing the mess people some people can get into when rigging, they may feel the cost of having it rigged for them is worth it. “Horses for courses”…….

.....and my English is much better than Jono's too.... I put that down to him being Welsh "Ya, ya, champion ya, ya"... until I remembered he was born in Nottingham.....

There, I've even managed to upset our Welsh cousins today...