Old 17 February 2005, 06:30   #31

Town: Gosport
Boat name: April Lass
Make: Moody 31
Length: 9m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono
One question though... why, even when Steve at Shakespeare clarified that this hull was direct from him, did you not bid on it at a price below trade? Still, it means we bagged a bargain...
Because in the first e bay auction Jono was selling the boat and Ijns5 who is Jonos little helper was bidding on it, so I would be in a no win situation and wondered if the second one would be the same.
Quote:
So you seriously want to buy a Shakespeare? Feel free to advise what spec/stage/ tube options you require and I or Jono will generate a quote for you.
Believe it or not and despite all that has been said on this thread I am still interested in this boat and those tubes at trade
Quote:
What I don't understand is your using of Bilgerat to ask questions for you....
I haven't, you added 2+2 and came up with 5. We are 150 miles apart, I don't think we have ever met, the only exception might have been the sub 5m cruise round the Isle of Wight middle of last year, but I can't remember is Bilge Rat was on that or not.

Pete

Old 17 February 2005, 06:43   #32

Town: Whitstable
Boat name: Tango
Make: Avon and Narwhal2.4m
Length: 4m +
Engine: 60HP Yamaha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete7
I haven't, you added 2+2 and came up with 5. We are 150 miles apart, I don't think we have ever met, the only exception might have been the sub 5m cruise round the Isle of Wight middle of last year, but I can't remember is Bilge Rat was on that or not.

Pete
Pete yeah i was there, can remember your diesel smoking us all out

Old 17 February 2005, 06:49   #33

Quote:
Because in the first e bay auction Jono was selling the boat and Ijns5 who is Jonos little helper was bidding on it, so I would be in a no win situation and wondered if the second one would be the same.

Pete
So the plot thickens.....a bidding syndicate, wonder what Ebay would think about this, false bidding to push the price up
Old 17 February 2005, 15:47   #34

Town: Over here
Boat name: S.S. Nobstick
Make: Three Wise Monkeys
Length: 3m +
Engine: 44lbs of thrust....
First, can I apologise about any spelling/ttypos..but I've fecked' my spell checker...

Quote:
Is it the same boat? I know that both we and Shakey have several boats on order/in build/in stock. Shakey are clearing 'em out as quick as they can to tool up for Revenger work. If Jono has been using "his little helper" to push up the price, I'll give him a bollicking when I see him. What I don't understand, as a E-bay-phobic why you would need to do that. Why not just put on a reserve? Or is that me being naive?...

Quote:
Believe it or not and despite all that has been said on this thread I am still interested in this boat and those tubes at trade
Excellent...., but I'm gonna be having the one Jono's just bought off Steve, 'cause me big 'Umber will be "darn Sarf" this season, so I want a boat for "oop North " too...

Quote:
Sorry for the mistake, but when you replied to the question to Bilge with the comment about "putting your hands up", I naturally assumed that's what you were refering too.. Oops.. silly me!
Old 17 February 2005, 15:50   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilge Rat
So the plot thickens.....a bidding syndicate, wonder what Ebay would think about this, false bidding to push the price up
... about as much as I think about you accusing Jono of selling tubes that won't fit a boat, when even the Tube maker, Ed, has confirmed they will....
Old 18 February 2005, 04:12   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono
... about as much as I think about you accusing Jono of selling tubes that won't fit a boat, when even the Tube maker, Ed, has confirmed they will....
Jono... I really think you need to read back through this entire post as i've not accussed anyone of anything ! i've mearly asked the questions and yourself, Jono Garton and Ed have supplied the answers, i was unaware of Jono Gartons secret little helper pushing up ebay bids when this all started.
Old 18 February 2005, 09:40   #37

Thanks Pete
Old 18 February 2005, 11:15   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilge Rat
....finally why knowing the tubes didn't fit (in your words) you were now attempting to sell them on to someone either via Ebay or ribnet ?

So what the feck's this statement then?
Old 19 February 2005, 01:32   #39

Town: Essex/Vendee
Boat name: shockwave,Voluntry 2
Make: Pac 22/ searider5.4
Length: 6m +
Engine: 180hp turbo,yam 90
my tubes

I have recently been away and not looked on the forum but however my mobile has been on for henshaws to contact me .Does anyone know if jono garton is around because it appears he is ignoring my messages conserning the a-frame i have paid for and the other items i have been promised weeks ogo posible months actualy it seems my tubes have been talked about i have not had time to read all threads so wil not cment untill i come back from another trip to france on the 3 march
Old 19 February 2005, 01:53   #40

Town: Essex/Vendee
Boat name: shockwave,Voluntry 2
Make: Pac 22/ searider5.4
Length: 6m +
Engine: 180hp turbo,yam 90
I wish to make it crystal clear to everyone that due to the inacuracy of comments from trade members about my veiws about my boats tubes i have no choice other than to prepare a detailed account of all documented corispondense which will take some time as as i explained will be after 4 march so i sugest every get on with what they enjoy most of all ribbing best regards to every one Peter Randall