Old 20 June 2017, 02:14   #1
neo

Town: darlington
Make: Zodiac open pro 5.5
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki 115hp
New rib...!!!

HEY guys i am looking to buy a new rib. and just wanted to know if there is any other sites apart from ebay, gumtree and boats and outboards i am sure there is more sites than that but cannot seem to find any, i hope you guys can help me.
Many thank ian
Old 20 June 2017, 05:41   #2

Town: teesside
Boat name: magic
Make: humber 5.5
Engine: mariner 115
MMSI: 232012453
Apollo duck is one what sort of thing are you looking for
Old 20 June 2017, 05:46   #3
neo

I am looking for a rib around the 5m mark the main use will be fishing but also want to use it for family and friends to for days out i have a budget of up to 10,000 but i also want some decent power
Old 20 June 2017, 06:47   #4

ah ok I have 5.6 osprey eagle with a 130 Yamaha that I'm thinking of selling but with your budget you will get better good luck with the hunt. may I suggest if your planning on taking 4 or more out a 6 metre may be more comfortable
Old 20 June 2017, 08:47   #5
neo

Ive just been looking at this on gumtree (uk) i think some thing like this would be awesome and yes it would be for me and the wife and her 2 and my 2 when i have them (all kids no older than 11 so good for weight) do you think a honda 90 4 stroke will be a bit under powered for a ribtec 585
Old 20 June 2017, 08:58   #6
neo

Ribtec Freeway 585 RIB Boat (on gumtree)

lmao sorry forgot to paste it in hahaha
Old 20 June 2017, 12:12   #7

Town: Dorset
Boat name: BlueTube
Make: XS500
Engine: Mercury Opti 75hp
MMSI: 235098668
Have you tried the 'RIBs and SIB'S for sale' FB group
Old 21 June 2017, 02:11   #8
neo

no but my girl has had a look on there i dont use fb i hate it lol (gets me in to much trouble) but will have a look on hers when i get home cheers
Old 21 June 2017, 05:53   #9
neo

how well will an Excel Voyager Rib SR470 with 60hp evinrude stand up against the north east coast (england) will it just get flung around because of its size or will it stand its ground ?
Many thanks ian
Old 21 June 2017, 08:18   #10

Town: north ayrshire
Boat name: charlie girl
Make: S/R5.4/regal3760
Length: 10m +
Engine: Suzukidf70 2x6lp 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo View Post
how well will an Excel Voyager Rib SR470 with 60hp evinrude stand up against the north east coast (england) will it just get flung around because of its size or will it stand its ground ?
Many thanks ian
We used to take a 3.8m rib with 40hp yamaha out from the north east coast regularly so in the right conditions a 4.7 should be fine
We've used Seaham Hartlepool Sunderland the Tyne Beadnell and probably others I've forgotten
You just need to be aware it's a big sea and a small boat be sensible about conditions and safety and you'll be fine
Old 25 June 2017, 07:35   #11
neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamishken View Post
We used to take a 3.8m rib with 40hp yamaha out from the north east coast regularly so in the right conditions a 4.7 should be fine
We've used Seaham Hartlepool Sunderland the Tyne Beadnell and probably others I've forgotten
You just need to be aware it's a big sea and a small boat be sensible about conditions and safety and you'll be fine
yes i have a 3.8 mtr SIB with a 15hp murcury and launch it from hartlepool but find it realy hard to get the right conditions to get out fishing with it so wanting to upgreat to a rib to get out a little more oftenand also sunny days with the family
Old 25 June 2017, 08:42   #12

Town: north ayrshire
Boat name: charlie girl
Make: S/R5.4/regal3760
Length: 10m +
Engine: Suzukidf70 2x6lp 315
We went through a similar scenario as you are,with boats getting bigger to cope with the weather eventually ended up with a 30ft hard boat in the Tyne and we still found we would go to the mouth of the river take one look and turn around and go back.
The problem is the north east coast is totally exposed with a large fetch so restricts the days suitable to go out
We eventually moved the boat over to the west side (largs) and used to travel from Durham to use the boat & found it got more use so eventually moved house over there.
Going bigger won't guarantee you will get out more although it will help I've sailed out of North East ports in 100mtr+ ships and thought they weren't big enough!
Make the decision to go bigger based on the fact it will change your boating style. As you say you can take the family out and possibly have more time on the water as a result of doing stuff with the family.
You may also find it easier to arrange family weekends away to more sheltered areas.
Obviously a 5m ish rib will be more seaworthy than a 3.8m sib but the days you can get out with a 5m where you wouldn't get out in 3.8 won't be that many
I'd say the biggest bonus with the bigger boat is you can take the family out which frees up more possible boat days.If it's too rough to fish you can usually find somewhere sheltered to play with a Ringo or something.
There's nothing worse than being stuck ashore doing family stuff on a glorious day wishing you were out in the boat.
I'm fortune my wife and kids love boats which is great, you just have to pick the right days in the beginning so you don't frighten them and put them off altogether best of luck in your hunt and hope you find the right boat for your purpose
Old 25 June 2017, 14:56   #13

I have fished out of Hartlepool many times 2 up in a 4 metre searider with a 40hp mercury and quite often it has gotten a bit rough while we were out I never felt out of my depth scurrying back in the 4 metre 40 combo you just adjust to the conditions steady away and pick your route .I think a 4.7 with a 60 should be fine like ken says just keep an eye on the weather and make sure all your kit is in order (Redcar RNLI will perform a safety check free of charge for you if its your first bigger boat I would recommend it)

Tags
rib