Old 30 September 2019, 09:48   #21

Length: 6m +
But those posts instead of A Frames... Can't be doing with that. As a result you lose a lot of usable deck space so could have a smaller boat = cheaper to buy and run or a similar size boat with more usable space. Just my opinion. If you gave me a Brig 10 for free I'd happily take it though...��
Old 30 September 2019, 09:49   #22

Duplicate post
Old 30 September 2019, 10:48   #23

Length: 7m +
Yeah i asked about those posts, apparently it is removable / boat can be specced without it, and I think if it were me I would have a custom A frame made up for it instead. More for 'aesthetic' reasons than space though. The 8 metre felt considerably more spacious inside than my current Revenger 715.
Old 30 September 2019, 21:46   #24

Town: Whakatane
Boat name: Jojosrib
Make: Brig
Engine: Yamaha f 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenger715 View Post
Yeah i asked about those posts, apparently it is removable / boat can be specced without it, and I think if it were me I would have a custom A frame made up for it instead. More for 'aesthetic' reasons than space though. The 8 metre felt considerably more spacious inside than my current Revenger 715.
Hi revenger715

I had a look at the eagle 8 yesterday. Very handsome beast indeed. Was just wondering how it performed compared to you 715. Not sure if you ve searched the web but there is a fair amount out there now on the eagle 8.
Old 01 October 2019, 08:18   #25

The Southampton Boat Show test route was speed limited for obvious reasons so I suppose we only got up to about half of potential top speed but the skipper threw it about a fair bit, she felt very stable and planted. In hindsight my 715 feels quicker to accelerate (I have a two stroke 150 on the back and I imagine my boat is a fair bit lighter) but the Suzi 350 dual prop on the back of the brig was a lovely unit, decent low down grunt and just seemed to keep pushing throughout the rev range, sounded lovely too. We did some pretty fast very tight turns and the boat just gripped and went.

The Brig felt well screwed together and just a quality item to me. All the fittings, the interior trim and materials used, very nice indeed. I have 4 kids and generally there are quite a lot of us in the boat so my Revenger (whilst I absolutely love it and it is pretty much in 'as new' condition has started to feel small and will probably go up for sale in the new season after Christmas. At present the Brig is top of my list as a replacement.
Old 12 October 2019, 20:38   #26

Really good review in this week's PBR mag, pretty much sums up what I thought of her.
Old 13 October 2019, 08:53   #27

Town: Whakatane
Boat name: Jojosrib
Make: Brig
Engine: Yamaha f 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenger715 View Post
The Southampton Boat Show test route was speed limited for obvious reasons so I suppose we only got up to about half of potential top speed but the skipper threw it about a fair bit, she felt very stable and planted. In hindsight my 715 feels quicker to accelerate (I have a two stroke 150 on the back and I imagine my boat is a fair bit lighter) but the Suzi 350 dual prop on the back of the brig was a lovely unit, decent low down grunt and just seemed to keep pushing throughout the rev range, sounded lovely too. We did some pretty fast very tight turns and the boat just gripped and went.

The Brig felt well screwed together and just a quality item to me. All the fittings, the interior trim and materials used, very nice indeed. I have 4 kids and generally there are quite a lot of us in the boat so my Revenger (whilst I absolutely love it and it is pretty much in 'as new' condition has started to feel small and will probably go up for sale in the new season after Christmas. At present the Brig is top of my list as a replacement.

Your replacement boat will have big boots to fill with the Revenger.

It sounds like you see the Eagle 8 the same as me. A solidly built family boat. When a factory produces 5000 boats a year, as apparently Brig do, something would be very wrong if the quality wasn’t fine tuned. We have found this to be the case with our 610. Well put together and durable even in the harsh NZ conditions. The exception to this would be the sea dek. We have managed to dent ours with dive tanks. Probably would have been fine if it was used for family foot traffic though.

We push our 610 pretty hard. We dive 50 k offshore and then expect to use it on the lakes as a ski boat. The hull is outstanding on the lake.....really grips in the turns.....in the rough stuff it handles everything well....