Old 03 September 2012, 13:32   #1

Town: Cape Agulhas / Struisbaai
Boat name: Hysucat
Make: Hysucat
Length: 8m +
Engine: 2x200 Mercury Racing
Send a message via Skype™ to Hysucat
New 6.6m Hysucat Elan

Just a quick update and some test results on new 6.6 testing in Cape Town.

The testing on the new 6.6 when very well on Saturday. We have made some design changes to this specific boat for testing purpose but the top deck was chosen by the client choosing ie. consoles and seats from our range.

Personally, I would have chosen a different layout but the customers have their own ideas. I am also replacing the rear seat backrest to match the jockey seats and some other bits. The hull changes included the new inserts to open more air into the bow section, the air vent system similar to the 8.5 and a dihedral foil to run the bow higher.

The performance is unbelievable and I have manage to take it out in a massive storm, with heavy wind (45 knots) and 8 meter swells, breaking everywhere. The boat refused to misbehave and I could maintain 35 to 40 knots in the big following sea, with no problem and extremely dry. Besides the wind blowing water off of the breaking waves, the boat was perfect and very dry. The client for this boat owned an older 6.5 meter Hysucat that he bought in 2001. He has used his boat for fishing and has spend many hours in bad sea conditions. He could not believe the improvements and again another extremely happy client to promote our boats up north and in Mozambique. We are still running engines in, but we have done 44 knots at 5300 RPM, and as the engines run it should allow the RPM to go up and 48+ knots is possible.

Idealy this should be powered by twin 60 to 90 hp or a single 115/130 hp as a base boat to demonstrate the Hysucat technology.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hysucat 6.6 CT 17.jpg
Views:	1868
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	71825   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hysucat 6.6 CT 16.jpg
Views:	623
Size:	258.7 KB
ID:	71826   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hysucat 6.6 CT 7.jpg
Views:	575