Old 24 June 2012, 12:47   #1

Nautica projet 350 2009

I just purchased this unit. I'm trying to find the manual on line to download but have been unsuccessful . Problem 2. After launch about 2 inches of water came into boat where I was sitting and driving. Once I took it out the water left but slowing down brought it back in. I pulled the boat the engine compartment was completely dry and undoing the plugs there was no water in boat. So how why does the water come into my feet area and how can I stop this any help would be appreciated. Thank you
Old 25 June 2012, 10:01   #2

Town: Madrid-Almeria
Boat name: SEPIA
Make: honwave
Length: 3m +
Engine: Honda BF20
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikie View Post
I just purchased this unit. I'm trying to find the manual on line to download but have been unsuccessful . Problem 2. After launch about 2 inches of water came into boat where I was sitting and driving. Once I took it out the water left but slowing down brought it back in. I pulled the boat the engine compartment was completely dry and undoing the plugs there was no water in boat. So how why does the water come into my feet area and how can I stop this any help would be appreciated. Thank you
Water comes from behind the floor. Deflate the boat, unmount the floor, inflate the boat, look for holes.
Old 25 June 2012, 12:24   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikie
This is zodiac After it's underway water leaves and then it doesn't continue filling. Has me stumped. Not sure if deflating and pulling apart is the answer. But who knows
Old 25 June 2012, 16:33   #4

Town: NorCal
Boat name: SHARKY
Make: AB
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF75 & BF5
This boat is a RIB not a SIB.

Look for a scupper of some kind, since the water is leaving there must be a plug in the stern left out. While on the trailer fill the boat with water and see where it pours out from. Really a visual inspection should reveal where the problem lies.

Email the manufacturer for an owner manual in PDF format. Or call...
Old 25 June 2012, 19:07   #5

Town: Oakland CA
Length: 3m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_C View Post
So why is it in the SIB section?

< Edit: Now moved! JK >

Quote:
Look for a scupper of some kind, since the water is leaving there must be a plug in the stern left out.
Or a leaking plug. That's probably more common.

jky
Old 26 June 2012, 08:39   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_C

Look for a scupper of some kind, since the water is leaving there must be a plug in the stern left out. While on the trailer fill the boat with water and see where it pours out from. Really a visual inspection should reveal where the problem lies.

Email the manufacturer for an owner manual in PDF format. Or call...
Hi Peter. New to this type of boat where are scruppers and what do they look like? Any assistance is appreciated. Thank you
Old 26 June 2012, 16:53   #7

Town: NorCal
Boat name: SHARKY
Make: AB
Engine: Honda BF75 & BF5
Take a flashlight out with you and look at the transom (Back of boat) and inside the cockpit at the back of the boat. If you see a hole you could stick a finger in and if doesn't have anything in it...well it probably should have a plug in it. Start by carefully looking over the hull for cracks, holes, etc. If you can't find anything then fill the boat hull up with water and see where it comes pouring out.
Old 27 June 2012, 12:29   #8

Town: Dorset & Hants
Boat name: Streaker/Orange
Make: Avon/Ribcraft
Engine: 50Yam/25 Mariner
The small Avon Jet ribs have a hole each side of the center console , on the floor which will drain the deck under way, but equally let water in when stopped unless you stick the bungs in ( which you may not physically have to be able to do this)

If you had a crack or anything like that I'd expect it to fill up under way and when stopped.

Pete