More cleaning and assessment today. We had 4 inches of global warming fall overnight. This is now officially the longest meteoric winter on record for Anchorage, Alaska (early snow in the fall and late snow in the spring.) *grumble*
I inflated the tubes this afternoon. The bow and starboard were just a bit soft from my pressure release from a week ago. The port tube was saggy but not flat. I realized that I didn't have the valve caps on, so I put them in place after inflating. Hopefully it's a valve leak. Or maybe not, I don;t know how readily these valves can be tweaked.
My scrubbing is pulling loose some of the fibers in the hypalon. I think I may trim those off with a scalpel-like tool, oh so carefully.
There's a colorful patch on the starboard tube that I didn't notice before. it's starting to lift up on the right side. I think I'll replace it with a new gray patch.
I trimmed off about 50 cm of the chewed-up rub strake. You can see where it took a bit of the orange hypalon fabric with it. I hope the new rub strake can cover that.
The middle D-ring on the port gunwale rope is starting to tear through. Yet another fix.
Next post, the valves!