Old 30 September 2005, 13:32   #11

Town: Dublin
Boat name: wizzard
Make: REDBAY
Length: 7m +
Engine: 225 optimax
Bio fuel

I actually believe they are MORE polluting than normal diesel - also more expensive!!! Remember the MAIN reason fuel is so expensive is TAX - get rid of the tax and we would be paying something like 32p per litre at the pumps!!!

So now a renewable , carbon netural, vegetable based biofuel ,is more polluting than wait for it...........
A diesel fuel derived from a fossil fuel , heavily salted with chemicals in the refining process and one of the main contributing factors to global warming........

Am I missing something

Or is this just another pathetic attempt to have a go at government taxiation policy

Bio fuels

svo straight veg oil
wvo waste veg oil
bio diesel a diesel fuel pressed from, sunflower, rape seed, cocunut or or peanut oils ,with additives .

It is also possible to run your diesels on veg oil completly, with minor modifications, once the oil is at 70 deg it enters the pump and is similar to diesel in its properties and behaviour

veg oil produces zero carbon, it is carbon netural, usually enhances horsepower by 8-10 % and runs the engine quiter and smoother

smells a little doesnt cause asthma attacks,

For more truth abot this fuel and fill up points

http://www.dieselveg.com/

WHEN THE CAT IS AWAY THE MICE GO TO REDBAY..............
gavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2005, 18:03   #12

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin

I actually believe they are MORE polluting than normal diesel - also more expensive!!! Remember the MAIN reason fuel is so expensive is TAX - get rid of the tax and we would be paying something like 32p per litre at the pumps!!!

So now a renewable , carbon netural, vegetable based biofuel ,is more polluting than wait for it...........
A diesel fuel derived from a fossil fuel , heavily salted with chemicals in the refining process and one of the main contributing factors to global warming........

Am I missing something

Or is this just another pathetic attempt to have a go at government taxiation policy

Bio fuels

svo straight veg oil
wvo waste veg oil
bio diesel a diesel fuel pressed from, sunflower, rape seed, cocunut or or peanut oils ,with additives .

It is also possible to run your diesels on veg oil completly, with minor modifications, once the oil is at 70 deg it enters the pump and is similar to diesel in its properties and behaviour

veg oil produces zero carbon, it is carbon netural, usually enhances horsepower by 8-10 % and runs the engine quiter and smoother

smells a little doesnt cause asthma attacks,
"Heavily salted with chemicals in the refining process" they use some pretty nasty stuff to make biodiesel you know!!!!

I think the way the government treats bio diesel and SVO is really unfair!!! Would be cheap if it wasn't for the government - but then again so would normal fuels!!!

You don't seem to mention the natural habitats that would be destroyed for these cash crops!!!

Also here is an interesting quote

"But even 100 percent biodiesel vehicles donít burn as cleanly as those powered by gasoline, said Jeff Kimes, an environmental engineer with the EPA.
On average, passenger cars fueled with petroleum-based diesel emit 30 times more particulates than gasoline-fueled cars. Switching to biodiesel cuts those particulates in half, but thatís still 15 times more than a gasoline-powered car, Kimes said"

I am NOT against bio diesel - would use it myself IF it was cheaper than normal fuel - just remember - as with catalysts - a lot of the lobbiests have their own personal interests at heart!!!