Old 01 March 2007, 07:34   #1

Town: South SalemNY
Length: 3m +
Looking for first RIB

Seems to be much more RIB info over in the UK than the US.

I have an opportunity to keep an inflatable at my yacht club in Connecticut, US. I own an 8hp Honda four stroke and would like to maximize my performance for fishing.

Here in CT there are islands about 2 miles offshore in LI Sound where the fishing is excellent from shore. The boat would be used to get to the islands at which point I would be fishing from shore.

I am allowed a 10ft boat at my dock. The Mercury Hypalon Dynamic 310 has got my attention, I'm not sure if you're be familair with it in the UK but the max hp rating is 10. Most of the other RIB's I see from Avon & Achilles have their 10' boats max out at 15 hp.

Any advice would be appreciated, the boat will be left at dockside so I figure a solid hull will stand up better.

Thanks, Rob
Old 01 March 2007, 21:46   #2

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
I have a Quicksilver(mercury) 3.1m with a 15hp Suzuki - it is brilliant. My boat is rated at 15hp with a wooden floor and 10hp with an airdeck. You mention a solid bottom - do you mean it has a fibreglass hull? If not then wooden boards make the boat more rigid than an airdeck.

UPDATE - just looked it up - seems to be some sort of moudled hull - why they say only 10hp when my boat is rated to 15 is beyond me.

I am sure you will be very happy with the boat - I have taken mine as much as 25 miles across the open sea.