Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Excel 435
Length: 4m +
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo View Post
no no no the negativity is awesome my friend its just what i need but yes its things like this i did not see And is that right what you said you launch at redcar ??
yes its a long time now i had a friend up there a fisherman ernist his name was, i would give him a call to let me know what it was like for diving and launching we use to go off the lifeboat slip near denny diving into what they call the inner harbour between the scars [sheltered at low tide by the reef] but shallow going out, every saturday we went up came back with loads of crab & lobster did a bit of fishing out near the reef end over the demitrius wreck. great times great people upthere too. ground swell affects it badly after bad weather though.
Old 03 March 2017, 13:05   #22
neo

Town: darlington
Make: Zodiac open pro 5.5
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki 115hp
i just came across a humber assault 5.9m good condition 2 jockey seats plenty of space for £4000 (no engine) what would i need to push this along very nicely
Old 03 March 2017, 13:11   #23

RIBase
Quote:
i just came across a humber assault 5.9m good condition 2 jockey seats plenty of space for £4000 (no engine) what would i need to push this along very nicely
they take up to a 115 hp a 90 would make it go ok
Old 03 March 2017, 13:13   #24
neo

This is were i launch from every time in my current boat, well not that slip i go off the granvil slip (i think its called) a bit further down toward mask, i fish the demitrius wreck all the time and the surrounding area, this is were i would be looking to launch a new boat from, but from what you say i could become a member at south gare and launch from there slip, i can even house it at south gare to my farther knows everyone that is down there so that place would defo be an option
Old 03 March 2017, 13:16   #25
neo

Is moving along nicely with a 90hp say like 30kts ?
Old 03 March 2017, 13:23   #26

RIBase
Quote:
This is were i launch from every time in my current boat, well not that slip i go off the granvil slip (i think its called) a bit further down toward mask, i fish the demitrius wreck all the time and the surrounding area, this is were i would be looking to launch a new boat from, but from what you say i could become a member at south gare and launch from there slip, i can even house it at south gare to my farther knows everyone that is down there so that place would defo be an option
spot on i know it well very steep slip but very sheltered you will be fine there thats it then just the boat to get and all sorted.
have a talk to humber consider a new boat and seconhand engine that way you get the boat built as you want it laid out and most engines have low hours secondhand they might even source one for you, get a print out from the engine not sure about all engines but suzuki have an hour meter built in on the rev counter to check hours, loads of options
Old 03 March 2017, 13:25   #27

RIBase
Quote:
Is moving along nicely with a 90hp say like 30kts ?
its all weight relative,prop size but yes i would say you will get 30 + knots.
Old 03 March 2017, 13:29   #28
neo

Yes it is very steep with rocks very close either side but yet again as you say its well sheltered to launch from, i have sent humber an email stating what i am after i just need to wait for them now to get back to me
Old 03 March 2017, 13:39   #29

RIBase
Quote:
Yes it is very steep with rocks very close either side but yet again as you say its well sheltered to launch from, i have sent humber an email stating what i am after i just need to wait for them now to get back to me
Old 03 March 2017, 13:47   #30
neo

Just spoke to the farther and he said he is working with the guy on tuesday that runs the boat parking lot and said that he would speak to him regarding prices and what space they have
Old 03 March 2017, 14:21   #31

Town: teesside
Boat name: magic
Make: humber 5.5
Engine: mariner 115
MMSI: 232012453
Quote:
Just spoke to the farther and he said he is working with the guy on tuesday that runs the boat parking lot and said that he would speak to him regarding prices and what space they have
good luck with that iv been on the waiting list a year now lol and I'm a good friend of barney and brian .tbh I have launched from there and as your launching directly into teesmouth the swell from every passing ship has you bouncing up and down the slip even using the club tractor you will need a few helping hands.i now just use Hartlepool yacht club as the slip is very sheltered I also have a parking spot there as well full cctv electric fence all around security gates the lot. more expensive than the south gare but your not leaving your pride and joy where the local toe rags burn out all the stolen cars
Old 03 March 2017, 14:33   #32
neo

Ahh right he did not say they were short on space like, but as i said he would ask and see how the land lays but if you have been waiting a year that does not look good. i have looked at using the yachting club slip way before to launch the boat i have now, if you dont mind me asking how much do you pay to launch and house the boat there and what boat it is
Old 03 March 2017, 14:34   #33
neo

ahh sorry it says what boat you have on the left hahaha sorry
Old 03 March 2017, 14:53   #34

no bother I think club family membership is £185 or £156 single person.includes use of all facility's. bar, slipway launch winch electricity points hose for washing down flushing ect changing rooms showers plus they hold various social events yacht racing blah blah they do food in the bar also.and storage is size of your rig dependent I needed 7 meters i pay £180 a year google thyc Hartlepool for the website
Old 03 March 2017, 15:01   #35
neo

i did not know it offered all that it sounds realy good for the price i will look further into it thanks and i think i seen your boat while i was down there looking at the slip (in the corner near the smal road) i got half a bar on looking at the lump on the back of the boat hahaha
Old 03 March 2017, 15:53   #36

Town: Chesterfield
Boat name: Sea Quell
Make: Picton Cobra
Engine: Mercury 150 4 Stroke
MMSI: 235038298
Quote:
South Gare is well worth the membership fee ;-) Im not sure if there's still a waiting list for pitches for boat storage but simple membership suits me. I wouldnt want to leave my RIB in the compound anyway
Great people, good (usually) launching at almost any state of the tide - - - and far far away from the South Coast marina fees lol
Old 03 March 2017, 17:09   #37
neo

how much do you pay per year (i take it just to launch on the slip)
Old 03 March 2017, 18:14   #38

Quote:
how much do you pay per year (i take it just to launch on the slip)
It was £80 last year. Wash down facilities and subject to training, use of a tractor. TBH I've never needed the tractor ,,, only got a XC70 but all OK launching and recovery of a 6m and dive kit 1900kg approx
Old 03 March 2017, 18:49   #39

south gare is a lot cheaper definitely but money isn't everything. maybe it was rough when I launched/recovered there was a rib on a trailer turned up while I was there reversed down the slip and had the boat in the water in a minute or so definitely made us look incompetent I'm not that experienced I had a bit more chew especially recovering as a relative novice i find it a lot easier over at the yacht club .the craic is definitely better at the south gare tho there all a bit clicky at the yacht club if you don't have flappy sails
Old 03 March 2017, 18:59   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
south gare is a lot cheaper definitely but money isn't everything. maybe it was rough when I launched/recovered there was a rib on a trailer turned up while I was there reversed down the slip and had the boat in the water in a minute or so definitely made us look incompetent I'm not that experienced I had a bit more chew especially recovering as a relative novice i find it a lot easier over at the yacht club .the craic is definitely better at the south gare tho there all a bit clicky at the yacht club if you don't have flappy sails
Wasn't a white hulled rib with blue tubes by any chance was it ? :-) lol