Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Mercury
Length: 3m +
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
MMSI: 235074042
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo View Post
Hi sameh, if you dont mind me asking how much are you paying for that engine as i have just been quoted £8,265 for the yam f70
£7225 ron hale marine

Old 06 March 2017, 12:26   #62
neo

Town: darlington
Make: Zodiac open pro 5.5
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki 115hp
yes thank you sameh. but the more and more i think about this the more and more i am talking myself down in hp, because i will have 2 uses for the boat one being out with the family so will not be flooring it with the kids and wife on board (unless the sea is like a mil pond which is few and far between) and then there's me taking it out fishing and thinking i dont need a Porsche to go to the corner shop to get a newspaper and now instead of that paper costing 50p its now cost me close to a tenner. omg there is a lot to take in when dealing with all this, i have the money but dont like burning it, so thinking a 50hp would be enough for what i would use it for (on a 5.3mtr) what do you think guys ??

Old 06 March 2017, 12:52   #63

Town: Aberdeenshire
Boat name: Sula
Make: Ribcraft 4.8m
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 60hp + aux
MMSI: 235087213
RIBase
Quote:
yes thank you sameh. but the more and more i think about this the more and more i am talking myself down in hp, because i will have 2 uses for the boat one being out with the family so will not be flooring it with the kids and wife on board (unless the sea is like a mil pond which is few and far between) and then there's me taking it out fishing and thinking i dont need a Porsche to go to the corner shop to get a newspaper and now instead of that paper costing 50p its now cost me close to a tenner. omg there is a lot to take in when dealing with all this, i have the money but dont like burning it, so thinking a 50hp would be enough for what i would use it for (on a 5.3mtr) what do you think guys ??
50hp isn't enough in my opinion. Add in people, fuel and kit and your 5.3 will be sluggish to say the least. There's nothing worse than compromising a new-to-you boat just to come in under budget.

Does it have to be new? Only reason I ask, is you can get a well looked after RIB with a 4-stroke engine for the kind of money you're looking to put together a rib and engine package. Plus, add in electronics, wiring, new trailer and your budget will increase again.

If you have family, then seating is important. I've found getting the family to come out then they want to feel safe and enjoy the experience.

What about a Ribeye Playtime 500? It's 2005 and the Yamaha 80hp won't win any prizes for power, but it's more than adequate, and is perfect for this boat.

It's also got side by side jockeys, something normally found on much larger RIBs. You could have one of your children up front and your wife can be at the transom bench seat with the other kids.

For this kind of money it needs a bit of TLC, but you could get the engine service and the lower leg repainted. Good luck with the search.

https://www.apolloduck.com/feature.phtml?id=498827
Old 06 March 2017, 13:00   #64

Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Mercury
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
MMSI: 235074042
I had a quicksilver 500 pilot house with a50 two smoke evinrude performed well with 4 adults swapped to a 60 four stroke yam went like hell so I would say it would suit your needs, boats usually have a minimum hp rating of useful hp talk to the manufacturer
Old 06 March 2017, 13:17   #65

Town: Iksal village
Boat name: no name
Make: Zebec
Engine: 15 hp o.b. petrol
Quote:
Although new to ribs as i am ordering 5.2 meter Rib just now after having sib, i agree that 50 hp may not be optimal..but as suggested here check max hp for boat..and then decide. Read somewhere that 75% of max hp is the optimal hp.
Goodluck
Old 06 March 2017, 17:10   #66
neo

yes thanks guys the info is awesome and there defo is food for thought and a lot of deliberating time ahead (my head hurts, but my heart longs)
Old 06 March 2017, 17:12   #67
neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameh View Post
Although new to ribs as i am ordering 5.2 meter Rib just now after having sib, i agree that 50 hp may not be optimal..but as suggested here check max hp for boat..and then decide. Read somewhere that 75% of max hp is the optimal hp.
Goodluck
yes i am new to also coming from a sib but even that ive only head for 1 yr so ive got a big hill to climb
Old 06 March 2017, 17:20   #68
neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartacus View Post
50hp isn't enough in my opinion. Add in people, fuel and kit and your 5.3 will be sluggish to say the least. There's nothing worse than compromising a new-to-you boat just to come in under budget.

Does it have to be new? Only reason I ask, is you can get a well looked after RIB with a 4-stroke engine for the kind of money you're looking to put together a rib and engine package. Plus, add in electronics, wiring, new trailer and your budget will increase again.

If you have family, then seating is important. I've found getting the family to come out then they want to feel safe and enjoy the experience.

What about a Ribeye Playtime 500? It's 2005 and the Yamaha 80hp won't win any prizes for power, but it's more than adequate, and is perfect for this boat.

It's also got side by side jockeys, something normally found on much larger RIBs. You could have one of your children up front and your wife can be at the transom bench seat with the other kids.

For this kind of money it needs a bit of TLC, but you could get the engine service and the lower leg repainted. Good luck with the search.

https://www.apolloduck.com/feature.phtml?id=498827
No it dont have to be new i am now more inclined to go for a wel looked after second hand boat engine and trailer (complete package) because as you say by the time you tot up all the little extras needed the budget now goes through the roof and thats not what i want, that rib you showed in the link i think would be right up my street i have came across it before but never took that much notice to be fair but yet is wel suited to my needs
Old 06 March 2017, 17:42   #69
neo

here is another boat that would suit me down to the ground (thats if i can copy this link properly)

http://www.boatsandoutboards.co.uk/i...660082_img.jpg
Old 06 March 2017, 17:44   #70
neo

RIBs and Inflatable Boats For Sale in Fife | Boats and Outboards