Old 09 January 2007, 16:21   #1
GED

Town: CONWY/CORFU
Boat name: The Full Morty II
Make: Air Craft/Shakespere
Length: 8m +
Engine: Etec 300hp/Etec150hp
london boat show

To anyone who has been this year to the London boat show....what did you think of the show, got any pics to show us, any bargains to be had. Ive heard
so far it hasnt been good for visitors or exhibitors....

Old 09 January 2007, 16:46   #2

Town: Oakley
Boat name: Zerstörer
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki DF 140
MMSI: 235050131
I was gonna go but its in London. Transport system sucks and driving not welcome to Londoners. Blame the Mayor.

Old 09 January 2007, 17:43   #3
RIBnet supporter

Town: Reykjavik
Boat name: Cheesee
Make: Seaquel 600 XS
Length: 6m +
Engine: Mercury 275 Verado
Send a message via Skype™ to bogib
Planning to arrive at Heathrow at noon Saturday spending the afternoon at Excel then flying back home Sunday morning.

Planning to spend more time at Dusseldorf boatshow in two weeks time.

Bogi
Old 09 January 2007, 18:10   #4

Town: Shipston-on-Stour
Boat name: Aztec
Make: Humber Assault 5.9
Engine: Suzuki DT85
MMSI: 235032752
Far better

Not been to London since the demise of Earls Court.
Will be going to this instead.... just register & blag stuff!

http://www.bbex.co.uk:80/
Old 09 January 2007, 18:36   #5

Boat name: Seashell
Make: Redbay
Length: 7m +
Engine: Inboard diesel
Went today. Was a bit disapointed; Southampton was better by far. I went with the intention of ordering some jockey seats but no-one was interested in doing deals (in fact I was really annoyed with Ribcraft who didn't really make any effort to help me or take me seriously.) Probably a good show if your into saily boats as theres a whole hall full of them. Not really my cup of tea. Only thing that seemed cheap was inflatables - was tempted to buy a little 2.4 for only £299! On the plus side the food and drink is much better value than southampton, and much nicer too. (Hog roast was £7 at southampton. By comparison a smoked salmon platter was £7.95 at london). The show didn't seem very busy at all and there were a lot of traders who looked quite board and depressed. I did enjoy going round the type 23 destroyer (although they thought I looked dodgy for some reason and seashed me in case I was a terrorist.) Bought a new top, a neck warmer and a bouy but don't think I really saved much money. Don't think I'll be going back to this one next year given the amount of time spent in the car getting there and back. Oh yes, and make sure you take lots of cash with you. The bars wont take cards, and the cash machines charge you £2.49 to use.
Old 09 January 2007, 18:50   #6
RIBnet admin team

Town: The wilds of Wiltshire
Boat name: WhiteNoise/Dominator
Make: Ballistic 7.8/SR5.4
Engine: Opti 225/Yam 85
MMSI: 235090687/235055163
RIBase
I thought about going as I've got a bit of free time at the moment but then saw this:-

http://www.worldseafishing.com/forum...ad.php?t=50987

I'm not paying to be treated like crap. I can get that at home

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Nos4r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 January 2007, 19:13   #7
RIBnet supporter

Town: Reykjavik
Boat name: Cheesee
Make: Seaquel 600 XS
Engine: Mercury 275 Verado
Send a message via Skype™ to bogib
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nos4r2 View Post
I thought about going as I've got a bit of free time at the moment but then saw this:-

http://www.worldseafishing.com/forum...ad.php?t=50987

I'm not paying to be treated like crap. I can get that at home
Funny reading and surely a lot of truth to it.....
How typical for my colleages at Barrus (dealers representatives) far to busy of themselves and so categorized.

Bogi
Old 09 January 2007, 19:19   #8
RIBnet admin team

Town: The wilds of Wiltshire
Boat name: WhiteNoise/Dominator
Make: Ballistic 7.8/SR5.4
Engine: Opti 225/Yam 85
MMSI: 235090687/235055163
RIBase
I wonder if they realise quite how much money they lose out on with their snottiness?

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Nos4r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 January 2007, 19:25   #9
RIBnet supporter

Town: Southampton
Boat name: Hissing Sid
Make: Ross Smith Cobra
Engine: 200HP Optimax
MMSI: 235038046
I go to SBS every year and always get treated well. I did get treated extra special when some of the salesmen found out I had a redundancy cheque in my pocket tho!

I wanted a WR426 motorcrosser a couple of years ago and decided that money talks so went down my local Yam dealer and spoke to the owner/manager: I said I was intersted in the WR and he said 'isn't everyone'. I asked if he had one and he said no, I would need to place a deposit and they would get one in. He was pretty arrogant and up his own arse so I carried on being polite and asked about facts, figures, accessories etc. He continued to be rude and acted as if I was wasting his time. He quoted the price, a shade under ~£5000 for the basic bike and asked me what I thought. I said that sounded good, He said 'gonna buy one then are we?' I put my hand in my jacket pocket and pulled out a large roll of £20 notes (about £3000, but he didn't know that) and said 'yes. I think I will, but not from you , you stupid F***** P**** etc etc etc etc.' I told him what I thought in no uncertain terms and even his staff were cringing in disbelief at what he had just done.
I bought one from another shop in the end but rode it down to the original dealer and asked the manager if they could get me a very expensive exhaust for my new bike. He said 'yes, certainly sir, etc etc.' I said 'that's nice, if you could order one in and shove it up your arse that would be great!' Never been back since, and heard other people have had similar run ins with him. Don't these people want to earn a living?
Jizm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 January 2007, 19:47   #10

Town: Stanley, Falkland Is
Boat name: Seawolf
Make: Osprey Vipermax 5.8
Engine: Etec 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jizm View Post
I wanted a WR426 motorcrosser a couple of years ago and decided that money talks so went down my local Yam dealer and spoke to the owner/manager: I said I was intersted in the WR and he said 'isn't everyone'. I asked if he had one and he said no, I would need to place a deposit and they would get one in. He was pretty arrogant and up his own arse so I carried on being polite and asked about facts, figures, accessories etc. He continued to be rude and acted as if I was wasting his time. He quoted the price, a shade under ~£5000 for the basic bike and asked me what I thought. I said that sounded good, He said 'gonna buy one then are we?' I put my hand in my jacket pocket and pulled out a large roll of £20 notes (about £3000, but he didn't know that) and said 'yes. I think I will, but not from you , you stupid F***** P**** etc etc etc etc.' I told him what I thought in no uncertain terms and even his staff were cringing in disbelief at what he had just done.
I bought one from another shop in the end but rode it down to the original dealer and asked the manager if they could get me a very expensive exhaust for my new bike. He said 'yes, certainly sir, etc etc.' I said 'that's nice, if you could order one in and shove it up your arse that would be great!' Never been back since, and heard other people have had similar run ins with him. Don't these people want to earn a living?

Well deserved IMHO

Sent from my Computer, using a keyboard and mouse
BogMonster is offline   Reply With Quote