Old 07 September 2007, 20:58   #1

Town: Southampton
Make: ZAR
Length: 9m +
Lock up your RIBs!!

The owner of a ZAR 65 had his boat stolen yesterday from his drive, at 1.00 in the afternoon!

Black Nissan Navara drove into his drive, removed wheel clamp and tarpaulin and towed away past the busy pub next door. Entry and exit caught on pub CCTV - no number plates seen by CCTV unfortunately - all done in 7 minutes.

Just a warning to everyone to make sure you do everything you can to prevent your RIB being stolen. I block our gate every night with my truck, which is obviously alarmed, 4-way CCTV being fitted plus usual security. Seems these guys are completely brazen and will go to any length to take our property.
Old 07 September 2007, 21:37   #2

Town: Macclesfield
Boat name: Aqua Fresh
Make: Zodiac Medline
Length: 5m +
Engine: 60hp Yamaha
MMSI: 235051988
wasnt the BWM rib stolen with a black Nissan cab as well See stolen boats 20th august

is this a pattern ?
Old 10 September 2007, 12:10   #3

Town: Torbay
Boat name: Loupy Lou
Make: Yamaha 480R
Length: 4m +
Engine: 50HP
Not my rib stolen but in our sleepy village on Friday morning I awoke at 5am to ctach two blokes with a car running at the end of our drive whilst they were breaking into my Shogun - had punched the lock out on the drivers door and were removing sat nav and everything when I bounded downstairs they legged in their waiting getaway car. I was more worried about the rib on the lawn next to the car - some of you might have read my post where the hitch broke off a couple of weeks ago - I quickily got the hitch welded back on in the afternoon and the trailer and rib securely inside the garage. I was more fearful of a revenge slashing of the tubes rather than them stealing it. In my car though they left the portable DVD screens & reversing camera and also the Garmin GPS (marine) and depth finder which were all in the boot as I had been wiring them up the night before and left them in the boot to finish off the next day!

Now I cannot tow the boat anywhere for a while as the shogun has been taken into secure storage until the insurance company authorises the new door & central locking to be replaced.
Old 11 September 2007, 02:29   #4

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Scumbags - yes I would also be worried about the tubes - let the air out and I reckon saggy wrinkly things will be less attractive!!!