Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 14 October 2009, 13:25   #111
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Brum
Boat name: UTV
Make: zodiac FR
Length: 3m +
Engine: 2 stroke 15hp
MMSI: 999
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 379
Why don't you create your own web site, using their business name in the URL, you can then make any type of accusation you like, all undefended. You could even put it into your signature and promote your 'story', thats if your bitter enough
__________________

__________________
Big waves, small boat ;)
tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2009, 14:16   #112
Member
 
chewy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Up Norf
Make: Avon SR4,Tremlett 23
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yam 55, Volvo 200
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinker View Post
Why don't you create your own web site, using their business name in the URL, you can then make any type of accusation you like, all undefended. You could even put it into your signature and promote your 'story', thats if your bitter enough
__________________

__________________
chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2009, 15:33   #113
RIBnet supporter
 
tonymac's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Town: Belfast
Boat name: Cait
Make: Humber
Length: 5m +
Engine: 90hp Opti
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 909
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono Garton View Post
No Sorry
Come on Jono - name and shame!

__________________
-**-**-**-**-**-**-**-**-**-**-**-**
Any meaning read into my message is the product of your own mind...
tonymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2009, 16:39   #114
RIBnet admin team
 
Poly's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: 2 stroke YAM 20 HP
MMSI: 235089819
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonymac View Post
Come on Jono - name and shame!

I don't think there is any need for that - anyone local probably has a pretty good idea who it is (afterall how many clubs organise events in that timeframe, lasting a week using that many safety boats).

For the rest of us it serves as a useful reminder that whether offering ones boat for club safety work or organising a club event needing external support that we should make sure it is explicitly clear and in writing the expenses/compensation package offered and any conditions for that. And if acting as an intermediate making sure that you are not piggy in the middle for any disputes!
__________________
Poly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2009, 17:10   #115
Member
 
Bigmuz7's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Glasgow
Boat name: stramash
Make: Tornado
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 90
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,068
I still think Jono owes us a final opinion to tell us his "views" after he got all ours as he asked.. you mentioned you wont be doing it again .. now be specific and tell us all what to look out for ?
__________________
Bigmuz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2009, 17:22   #116
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wilmslow
Boat name: Serotonin
Make: Quicksilver
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mariner 15
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 712
So any sailing dinghies going cheap in Pwllheli
__________________
fred bolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2009, 07:46   #117
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Boat name: llyn raider
Make: xs
Length: 7m +
Engine: 1 200hp merc
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polwart View Post
I don't think there is any need for that - anyone local probably has a pretty good idea who it is (afterall how many clubs organise events in that timeframe, lasting a week using that many safety boats).

For the rest of us it serves as a useful reminder that whether offering ones boat for club safety work or organising a club event needing external support that we should make sure it is explicitly clear and in writing the expenses/compensation package offered and any conditions for that. And if acting as an intermediate making sure that you are not piggy in the middle for any disputes!
Their are 2 clubs in that area that run multiple international events through the summer and the problem is he isnt talking about the club closest to him so very easy to be a case of mistaken identity on that one. partly why i Imediatly took a disliking to this thread.
__________________
andyxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2009, 07:47   #118
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Boat name: llyn raider
Make: xs
Length: 7m +
Engine: 1 200hp merc
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by fred bolton View Post
So any sailing dinghies going cheap in Pwllheli
it isnt the club in pwllheli - see the problem now? makes other clubs look bad
__________________
andyxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2009, 11:13   #119
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Ardfern
Boat name: Moon Raker
Make: Humber Destroyer
Length: 5m +
Engine: Honda BF 90 D
MMSI: 235035994
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by fred bolton View Post
So any sailing dinghies going cheap in Pwllheli
Probably, but not because of this thread. The club in question has its initials mentioned in an earlier post. Google them, then you'll know who and where.
__________________
alystra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2009, 11:16   #120
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Boat name: llyn raider
Make: xs
Length: 7m +
Engine: 1 200hp merc
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by alystra View Post
Probably, but not because of this thread. The club in question has its initials mentioned in an earlier post. Google them, then you'll know who and where.
and by initials you mean the only thing anyoune in the north west calls the club. never heard anyone call it anything else lol
__________________

__________________
andyxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.