Old 28 April 2006, 16:18   #241
Gav

Town: Midlands
Length: 6m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeewayComposite
and thats only two of the differances, so you admit cant be a copy??

why do you persist in saying its not a copy? it is, you cant say its not just by making a couple of tweeks.

Q are the spray rails in the same place as a p18?
Q is the deadrise the same?

same Q's for the 8.3 v P25
Old 28 April 2006, 16:31   #242

Town: Huntly
Make: Searider 4.7
Length: 4m +
Engine: 75 Suzuki
So I wonder who is going to be the first to go to their solicitor? Slander? Until then the debate(getting very boring) will go round and round.
Yes people will still buy because they want the best deal bottom-line.
Old 28 April 2006, 16:47   #243
ADS

Town: Dorset
Length: 4m +
Looks like Leeway was selling a Phantom 18 in September 2004:

http://www.boatmad.com/forum/showthr...ghlight=leeway
Old 28 April 2006, 18:01   #244

Town: Over here
Boat name: S.S. Nobstick
Make: Three Wise Monkeys
Length: 3m +
Engine: 44lbs of thrust....
..................deleted.
Old 28 April 2006, 21:00   #245

Town: scotland
Boat name: Leviathan
Make: Phantom
Length: 8m +
Engine: GM Diesels
Quote:
if you cut and moddify/addapt to more than 15%, in the eyes of the law that is not.

i know our rib is no copy of anything. our rib will never fit in a phantom mould and a phantom will never fit in my mould. what about paying me for my time as i am really busy. i have orders to compleate..

A simple question, for a simple laminator

Have you at any time, had a Phantom 18, upside down, in your workshop, waxed, and taken a moulding from any part of it's running surface? (before your alleged changes) Tell the truth now Lee.
Old 28 April 2006, 23:11   #246

Town: Stanley, Falkland Is
Boat name: Seawolf
Make: Osprey Vipermax 5.8
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 150
This thread is remarkable

I hadn't looked at it before, then I suddenly realised it was 25 pages and wondered what I was missing - blimey talk about a marathon read! taken me about an hour to catch up....

No opinions expressed from me as I know nothing about the subject, but I'm just amazed it hasn't been locked or deleted - it would have been on either of the forums I moderate with some of the accusations flying around!

Keep on fighting then
Old 29 April 2006, 11:03   #247

Town: I.O.W
Boat name: Leeway
Make: leeway 730
Length: 7m +
Engine: 250hp = 73mph :0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny Fuller

Have you at any time, had a Phantom 18, upside down, in your workshop, waxed, and taken a moulding from any part of it's running surface? (before your alleged changes) Tell the truth now Lee.

no..
Old 29 April 2006, 11:08   #248

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADS
Looks like Leeway was selling a Phantom 18 in September 2004:

http://www.boatmad.com/forum/showthr...ghlight=leeway

thats not the only phantom i have owned.

good boats they have gave me a lot of inspiration....
Old 29 April 2006, 11:10   #249

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogMonster
This thread is remarkable

I hadn't looked at it before, then I suddenly realised it was 25 pages and wondered what I was missing - blimey talk about a marathon read! taken me about an hour to catch up....

No opinions expressed from me as I know nothing about the subject, but I'm just amazed it hasn't been locked or deleted - it would have been on either of the forums I moderate with some of the accusations flying around!

Keep on fighting then
hope this thread doesnt get deleted as i have a lot of customers and people who have seen my ribs giving good feedback for all those people interested in buying one..
Old 29 April 2006, 11:14   #250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny Fuller

are you going to ask the same question to all the other rib manufactures out there?? if not why?
Old 29 April 2006, 11:19   #251

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALANT
Yes people will still buy because they want the best deal bottom-line.
and a quality product....

there are only a couple of rib companys out there who have designed and built there craft from scratch. most people need inspiration with anything...
Old 29 April 2006, 12:15   #252

Town: Stanley, Falkland Is
Boat name: Seawolf
Make: Osprey Vipermax 5.8
Engine: Etec 150
Quote:
hope this thread doesnt get deleted as i have a lot of customers and people who have seen my ribs giving good feedback for all those people interested in buying one..
What I was getting at is that if it was my forum I'd be worried about the forum getting sued by somebody and the thread would have been ****-canned by about page 4! But it isn't my forum so I am just watching with interest ... if you regard it as a worthwhile marketing exercise then I guess everybody is happy

Your prices do seem pretty good though, the price quoted is a fair bit more than the export price for a basic Humber shell but I'd guess there isn't much in it by the time the Humber had been specced up with the extras. I might work it out later, just out of interest. Certainly a bit less than the figure that came out of the "Scorpion on line boat builder thing" I was window-shopping at the other day - that cost well over half as much as my house
Old 29 April 2006, 14:42   #253

Town: St John, Cornwall
Boat name: Ningaloo
Make: Ribeye 5.8m
Engine: Yamaha 100hp
Time to put my oar in once again!

I was lucky enough to see a Leeway close up this weekend. The build quality looks superb, certainly far superior to many second hand boats I saw from so-called high end manufacturers.

Talking of morals and rip-offs...far be for me to say but i have a sneeky suspicion that some of the larger RIB buiders have been ripping off the public for many years. It is impossible to justify the ridiculously inflated prices and profit margins of some of these manufacturers (compare some of them to hard boats made in similar volume).

So whilst throwing the book at Leeway, maybe some of you mud-slingers would like to start a thread exposing the real con in RIB manufacturer. Oh no! You wont! 'Cos they'll sue you. So lets go back to slagging off the small business working from a shed on the IoW. Lee, you're a bastard!

(P.S. Only joking. The boat I saw looked fantastic and the owner is delighted! Well done!)
Old 29 April 2006, 16:10   #254
Now back to being Mollers!

Town: Arundel
Boat name: Mike Bravo 1
Make: Scorp
Length: 9m +
Engine: Yanmar 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonmitch
Time to put my oar in once again!

I was lucky enough to see a Leeway close up this weekend. The build quality looks superb, certainly far superior to many second hand boats I saw from so-called high end manufacturers.

Talking of morals and rip-offs...far be for me to say but i have a sneeky suspicion that some of the larger RIB buiders have been ripping off the public for many years. It is impossible to justify the ridiculously inflated prices and profit margins of some of these manufacturers (compare some of them to hard boats made in similar volume).

So whilst throwing the book at Leeway, maybe some of you mud-slingers would like to start a thread exposing the real con in RIB manufacturer. Oh no! You wont! 'Cos they'll sue you. So lets go back to slagging off the small business working from a shed on the IoW. Lee, you're a bastard!

(P.S. Only joking. The boat I saw looked fantastic and the owner is delighted! Well done!)
Jonmitch, the main players in this thread don't give a toss about morality, the public being ripped off or Leeway for that case. They just enjoy baiting some poor guy with lesser debating skills than themselves and Leeway in some misguided belief that all publicity is good publicity, keeps giving them what they want.
Old 29 April 2006, 18:30   #255

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonmitch
...Talking of morals and rip-offs...far be for me to say but i have a sneeky suspicion that some of the larger RIB buiders have been ripping off the public for many years. It is impossible to justify the ridiculously inflated prices and profit margins of some of these manufacturers (compare some of them to hard boats made in similar volume)....
Why do they need to justify high prices? If the public are willing to pay, then that's simply the law of supply and demand, it’s not like RIBs are anything but a luxury item for 99% of purchases.. I agree that Ribs are ridiculously overpriced in comparison to a hard boat... but that's the way it is until the public rebel or a quantity manufacturer start dropping his prices... but don’t hold your breath…
Old 29 April 2006, 18:33   #256

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice
Jonmitch, the main players in this thread don't give a toss about morality, the public being ripped off or Leeway for that case. They just enjoy baiting some poor guy with lesser debating skills than themselves and Leeway in some misguided belief that all publicity is good publicity, keeps giving them what they want.
Remarkably astute insight into the minds of people you've never met.... You and Doctor Jon operate on the same principal... diagnosis by remote.. oughta save the NHS a fortune...
Old 29 April 2006, 18:36   #257
Gav

Alice? Alice? who the feck is Alice?!
Old 29 April 2006, 18:55   #258

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gav
Alice? Alice? who the feck is Alice?!
I don't know but for 24 years I've been living next door.....

...and grey is good.
Old 29 April 2006, 19:00   #259
Gav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono

...and grey is good.
Wickard! jobs a good un'
Old 30 April 2006, 22:05   #260
exspyrd trayd membir

Town: inn wiliks hed
Make: Redbay 6.5
Engine: Twin Etec 90hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono
….and I’m pretty confident that my boat isn’t splashed from someone else’s hard graft.
annd iym pritty connfidunt dat az yorr a mann ov honnor, i wil bee seein yew takin a chaynsorr too yorr consowl onn tewzdaiy mawnin

http://www.outhill.com/new_page_1.htm

gaRf

s.p. messij forr orl sowlint an valiunt oweners. chaynsorrs forr hyre.