Old 06 April 2010, 10:42   #1

Length: 7m +
Launching Trolley for 3m RIB

Hi,

I will soon need a new trolley for our Zodiac Zoom 310SR. I can't seem to find any one where the rear supports look suitable. They would need to be adjusted almost flat to support the boat evenly across the hull rather than taking the weight on the tubes. Any idea on the best place to look?

Thanks, Tony S
Old 06 April 2010, 11:00   #2

Boat name: Wildheart
Make: Humber/Delta Seasafe
Length: 5m +
Engine: Merc 60 Clamshell
MMSI: 235068449
I've successfully used a 470 dinghy trolley to launch a 3-ish m OMC Express. It was one of the ones with a moulded carpetted cradle rather than a gunwhale hung one.

OTher option is a cheap dinghy trolley, & replace the supports with a bit of marine ply you could cut to shape.

Other good thing about a dinghy launcher is that if you ever want to tow it, you can buy a road base to park the launcher on.

Google "dinghy trolley" and you'll get plenty of hits.

Or the usual launch wheels
Old 07 April 2010, 10:27   #3

Length: 7m +
Cheers. I'm currently using a modified dinghy trolley, but it will die from corrosion soon. So far I've drawn a complete blank - none of the dealers that sell the Zoom RIB (or the Avon and Bombard clones) have a trolley that allows the "V" supports to be lowered. They're not cheap either, and it would be pretty naff to buy something expensive then have to start cutting bits off. Without cutting the only way to create a flat support is to mount it up level with the top of the "V", which puts the boat up high needing deeper water to launch.
Old 07 April 2010, 11:17   #4

Boat name: Wildheart
Make: Humber/Delta Seasafe
Length: 5m +
Engine: Merc 60 Clamshell
MMSI: 235068449
Know what you mean........

Try Snipe (were under the Dixon Bate umbrella, but appear to now be with the Mersea trailers group) they do (did) a "flatpack" launcher that from memory you could bolt the cradles to the chassis to suit yourself and was sub £100.

Had a quick spin round the Mersea website, they do appear to do stuff for "soft floor inflatables", but no pics of them so may be road trailers (probnably are at the price!). Might be worth giving them a phone - they were helpful when I asked for an awkward short drawbar version of one of their road trrailers so I could shut the garage door.