Old 04 September 2001, 06:02   #1

Town: Hilton-of-Cadboll
Length: no boat
Launch sites

Hi there

I was recently directed to www.boatlaunch.co.uk by this forum. It really is a fantastic facility...and FREE. I saw that the Scottish Higlands area was low on launch sites so I have sent in a couple of my local sites. I also contacted the Orkney Sailing Club and suggested they send some in as well. I shall get details for more later this month when I am up there again.

This is a very good facility. If YOU know of any good launch sites in the Highlands please contact the site and send them details. It's a great area for boats and it would be good to encourage others to go there.

Keith Hart
Old 04 September 2001, 12:18   #2

I forgot to mention. If you submit a launch site you get a free copy of the printed guide for an area of your choice. It comes in Adobe format and is sent via email.

Keith Hart
Old 04 September 2001, 19:19   #3

Town: ATHENS
Boat name: SUN KISS II
Make: Nuova Bat 9 Falcon -
Length: 5m +
Engine: Outboard Mercury 115
Send a message via Skype™ to batfalcon
Keith,

I suppose that goes only for UK, isn't it ?

Michael
Old 04 September 2001, 19:51   #4

The sites are for the uk with a couple in France and Ireland. I suppose that they would send the FREE launch guide anywhere if you submitted details of a UK site. Perhaps it would be good to have some sites where the sun shone and the breeze was warm!

Keith Hart
Old 04 September 2001, 20:42   #5

Town: Ardnamurchan
Boat name: Out of the Blue
Make: Ribcraft 585
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha 100
MMSI: 235 079 253
Thanks again Keith for doing such a superb job in promoting boatlaunch. We are getting more overseas launch sites and are looking for some decent (and free) maps to show the locations. There does not seem to be a foreign equivalent of streetmap. At present we just show the text and usually a lat long position.
Please keep the site coming in from anywhere in the UK or neighbouring countries.

Geoff Campbell,
www.boatlaunch.co.uk
Old 05 September 2001, 05:28   #6

Hi Geoff

No problemo, I honestly think that www.boatlaunch.co.uk is one of the most useful sites on the net for boaters (along with RibNet of course). I wish I had found it last year when I first got my boat. I was desperate to find somewhere to try it out. I purchased it in the West Midlands ready to take up to my house in Scotland, and I had no idea where to go with it. A pal of mine who lives in Worcester found a slipway on the River Severn. I have told him to send you details of that slip as well!

I am looking forward to being able to send you photographs of the slipways I have added.

Keep up the brilliant work.

Keith Hart
Old 11 May 2002, 10:42   #7

New Look Boatlaunch

Boatlaunch site has a great new look. The map has place and site names so it is easier to orientate yourself. The top control bar now allows you to jump from region to region and there are many more launch sites with pictures. Also check out the advertisers.

I can honestly say that this site (along with RibNet) is the most usefull boating site on the internet. Spread the word and send in any launch sites you know of.

www.boatlaunch.co.uk

Keith (and it's free) Hart