Old 30 January 2007, 22:50   #1

Town: Ayrshire
Boat name: Raven
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: 150 suzuki
MMSI: 235040525
Larger CZ7

Does anyone know if there is a slightly larger version of the CZ7 ?
Old 31 January 2007, 06:34   #2

Town: Pwllheli-North Wales
Boat name: V-ONE
Make: Highfield
Length: 8m +
Engine: Honda 250hp
Dont think so.

Why would you want anythink bigger the CZ7's agreat hull!

Jono
Old 01 February 2007, 01:44   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono Garton View Post
Dont think so.

Why would you want anythink bigger the CZ7's agreat hull!

Jono
Was out in someone else 9 mtr over the weekend, in big seas I was just so impressed by the way it handled it, also thinking about two suz 300's as a good offshore combination.so i'm trying to pick a hull?
Old 01 February 2007, 19:19   #4

Town: Galway
Boat name: rockhopper
Make: ballistic
Length: 6m +
Engine: petrol
MMSI: TBC
Read the Rib International current issue.

They have a few items on toys for the Super rich!!!!
Twin Verados in excess 72 kts......on Hunton..
twin 300 on cover, youneed wide angle lens to Photo!!!! sweet!
Old 02 February 2007, 02:13   #5

Town: Cowichan Bay
Boat name: Neptune
Make: Zodiac Hurricane
Length: 6m +
Engine: twin140 suzi 4stroke
Zodiac hurricane 9.20m The CZ7 is a copy of the zodiac huricane 7.33m.
http://www.zodiacmilpro.com/product/...df/920OBFC.pdf
Old 02 February 2007, 03:22   #6

Town: Tobermory, Canada eh
Boat name: Verius
Make: Zodiac Hurricane 590
Engine: Yamaha F150
Send a message via MSN to Stoo
Hurricane makes a 9m and a 10m. There was a Navy 1010 in the dealer's shop in Toronto this summer. It had been flipped off of the coast of Nova Scotia and was in being rewired. The engines were missing, but I believe it had been powered by twin 300s!

I believe the dealer said that model sold for about $300K Cdn... but don't quote me on that! It was pretty basic... centre console, a few seats and a radar!

www.wetspotimages.com
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 February 2007, 05:49   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan View Post
Read the Rib International current issue.

They have a few items on toys for the Super rich!!!!
Twin Verados in excess 72 kts......on Hunton..
twin 300 on cover, youneed wide angle lens to Photo!!!! sweet!
A few bodies are putting a syndicate together to look at this as a project the view is to use the boat to go to st kilda, Norway,Denmark. 5 guys...

We think we will need 9 mtrs they are asking me what to do / buy because I've a rib, they think I've got some idea

Up to now the drunken talk is to look like hero's (no doubt nobs will be more accurate).

hurricane look first rate, thanks for finding the links guys I'm also going to look at Parker.
Old 02 February 2007, 07:19   #8

Town: West Sussex
Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBWET View Post
A few bodies are putting a syndicate together to look at this as a project the view is to use the boat to go to st kilda, Norway,Denmark. 5 guys...

We think we will need 9 mtrs they are asking me what to do / buy because I've a rib, they think I've got some idea

Up to now the drunken talk is to look like hero's (no doubt nobs will be more accurate).

hurricane look first rate, thanks for finding the links guys I'm also going to look at Parker.
Go for our Parker 900Baltic , a Twin diesel version will be shortly arriving to the UK or come down and have a test ride on NautiBouy.
Old 02 February 2007, 07:45   #9

Town: Newport IoW
Boat name: Amean/Pronto/Rumbo
Make: Solent Rib Princess
Length: 7m +
Engine: 200hp Etec 260x 2
MMSI: lots of them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre View Post
Go for our Parker 900Baltic , a Twin diesel version will be shortly arriving to the UK or come down and have a test ride on NautiBouy.
Is it the cabin rib Andre
Old 02 February 2007, 10:40   #10

Town: Tampere
Make: Atlantic 21, Avon SR4.0
Length: 6,9 m
Engine: Mercury F60 EFI x2
Quote:
Hurricane and Parker are playing in totally different scale. While ZHT is a real military-workhorse, Parker is significantly lighter alternative. Also, ZHT costs about triple the price of Parker, so it's up to your needs what is the rational deal...

-Pitkis
Old 02 February 2007, 13:25   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitkis View Post
Hurricane and Parker are playing in totally different scale. While ZHT is a real military-workhorse, Parker is significantly lighter alternative. Also, ZHT costs about triple the price of Parker, so it's up to your needs what is the rational deal...

-Pitkis
I would not agree that the "Parker is significantly lighter alternative" can agree that the price could be "triple the price of Parker"
and we are talking here of the Parker 900 Baltic
Old 02 February 2007, 13:30   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim griffin View Post
Is it the cabin rib Andre
Tim , no it is an open rib with 2 x 4 man jockey seats in front of the console,
twin CMD 320 with Bravo 1 legs. The sea tests will be carried out over this weekend. Will post some photos. The rib will be based in Wisbech and used for commercial work.
Old 04 February 2007, 18:35   #13

Town: Tampere
Make: Atlantic 21, Avon SR4.0
Length: 6,9 m
Engine: Mercury F60 EFI x2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre View Post
I would not agree that the "Parker is significantly lighter alternative" can agree that the price could be "triple the price of Parker"
and we are talking here of the Parker 900 Baltic
Well, this is my just my opinion. I have driven about...50-60 different RIBs, mainly commercial ones targeted to heavy professional use. Some of them long distances. Parker Baltic 900 is not a bad boat what comes to my experience, but still significantly lighter than Boomeranger, ZHT or Halmatic. They are big players in the field and really heavy-duty builders. They also have military references more that any other builder in the world. And that's not just a coincidence.

What is "significant" difference is of course up to person, but I see ZHT and Parker like comparing a japanese medium-size, 2-litre Toyota and Mercedes S500 limousine. Both not bad products and fully capable to do whatever you want from a car, but still playing in different league.
Old 04 February 2007, 19:41   #14

Quote:
Well, this is my just my opinion. I have driven about...50-60 different RIBs, mainly commercial ones targeted to heavy professional use. Some of them long distances. Parker Baltic 900 is not a bad boat what comes to my experience, but still significantly lighter than Boomeranger, ZHT or Halmatic. They are big players in the field and really heavy-duty builders. They also have military references more that any other builder in the world. And that's not just a coincidence.

What is "significant" difference is of course up to person, but I see ZHT and Parker like comparing a japanese medium-size, 2-litre Toyota and Mercedes S500 limousine. Both not bad products and fully capable to do whatever you want from a car, but still playing in different league.
Not so what you mean by this . But have you driven the Parker 900Baltic and if yes what engines size? and what weather conditions

By the way we will be at the Helsinki Boat Show , that is our distributor Norcap will be exhibiting Parker Ribs and my brother Philip will be attending the show.
Old 07 February 2007, 13:13   #15

Looking like a CZ7, sooo.. has anyone out there got one?

or experience of one?

Dealers are hard to locate (might be me) does anyone know of one in this country I could talk to?

cheers.
Old 07 February 2007, 13:46   #16

Town: Punta gorda Fl.
Boat name: War Machine
Make: Falcon U.S.A.
Length: 9m +
Engine: twin 250 Yamaha
Quote:

I would doubt that ANY recreational boat or builder would beat that of one built by a firm whose standard is military specification, it may be there is that possibility, however unlikely.
I personally have not yet seen it...
Old 07 February 2007, 14:23   #17

Boat name: Emperor
Make: Scorpion
Length: 7m +
Engine: Evinrude E-tec 200hp
Send a message via MSN to Millermob
Jellis on here has got one with twin 175 etecs on the back, I believe jono garton has been out on it and has had very good feedback.

Freddie
Old 07 February 2007, 17:00   #18

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Quote:
Looking like a CZ7, sooo.. has anyone out there got one?

or experience of one?

Dealers are hard to locate (might be me) does anyone know of one in this country I could talk to?

cheers.
Get in touch with Avon - their quality is 2nd to none and they are using the same hull - you will prob save quite a bit buying direct from the factory.
Old 07 February 2007, 17:51   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn View Post
Get in touch with Avon - their quality is 2nd to none and they are using the same hull - you will prob save quite a bit buying direct from the factory.
Cheers codders,

But I want to explore the CZ7 route first, I have PM'd jellis (some one else here who owns one) with no response, maybe dosen't overdose on forums like the rest of us.

the net is a joke for identifying someone in the UK to talk to, however I intend to persivere. 7mtrs is a little short ,but I like the quality implications. I was out in a boat the same length as yours , the difference a couple of meters makes is enormous. this initally made me think 9mtrs but 7mtrs may suffice.
Old 07 February 2007, 18:03   #20

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Engine: Suzuki DT225
I still think the CZ7 is overpriced for what it is(that is NOT the same as saying it's not a damn good boat). Having said that with the strength of the £ versus the $ if you go for Yank built engines and all the other kit as well it may not be so bad.

I would still prefer the Avon - a lot nearer home to get things sorted and they are built to last as you can see from the people in the USA who are so pleased with their ancient seariders etc!!!

As regards size yes it does make a huge difference. I am still amazed by how well my boat handles stupidly big waves - the problem is you have to get really extreme conditions to have real fun. Sometimes I actually prefer my 3.1m Quicksilver!!!