Old 01 January 2009, 16:31   #11
Town: Rhode Island
Make: avon
Length: 6m +
Engine: 90hp merc
Rib fan, ive used the keelguard on my searider. I was stupid and did not apply it when it ws upside down but did it while it was on the trailer. I love the stuff but had a couple of problems. You have to prep the hull very good which I did. They give you a bottle of some sort of primer but the applicater isnt the best. I was halfway through useing it and it litterally fell apart in my hand. I had to improvise and when finally done I applied the keel. It was tough to fit to my boat towards the back because my SR had some hard chines that I didnt completely fit to. Ive had it start to come off in a few spots but have made some repairs with some 5200 and used pieces of wood to hold tightly where needed. I know if I got another chance I could do better. I found out later that haveing a hairdryer can be used to make it very pliable before fitting. That is the trick,. I had it out in the sunm and thought it would be fine. I think the hairdryer weould have helped. All that said, even with the extra work Ive put in in repairs it is far exceeded by the good points. I love just pulling up on sand or even rocks. Great on cement boat ramps. I found it online for just over $100 more. I have never felt I lost any performance either. Highly recemended

learning to fly is offline   Reply With Quote