Town: St Mawes
Boat name: Magellan Zulu
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 7m +
Engine: 2 x Suzuki DF150
MMSI: 235094135
Is this the end, Alan?

So. Blue Ice is up for sale.

The back's buggered and you've made the hard decision. Go sailin'. Alan, and if you c'n get used t'slowin' it all down, it's kinder to the back.

An', there's some good folk out there among the yotties. Different, but they'll get used to you an' Laura, the Crazy Canadian. An' you'all get used to them.

So, cut loose from that great Eastern seaport, Maldon Man, an' head for the horizon. This aint no dress rehearsal!.......

(Gawd! I should not go postin' threads after 'arf a bottle of whiskey...)

PS Is this the last recorded pic of A&L aboard a(n) (indoor) RIB????
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	alan & laura.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	2364  
Old 20 June 2003, 21:39   #2

Make: FB 55
Length: 10m +
Here's a thought - only a cuple of bottles of wine - hic! Sell Blue Ice and buy and old man's rib with sprung couch seats , something like Magellan Alpha, nice n' easy on the back!
Old 21 June 2003, 06:20   #3

Town: St Mawes
Boat name: Magellan Zulu
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 7m +
Engine: 2 x Suzuki DF150
MMSI: 235094135
It's a thought, Charles.

Di and I are off to Spain this morning. Chasing Mark Wildey means we are going to have to give it some wellie hanging onto the coat tails of that Jellignite thing of his.

This might be a bit much for the aged joints but we do now have our new secret weapon for ol' backs. The long underseat pilot berth now has a lee-cloth. So the one not driving will be laid out flat, dozing, all snug, as it were.

I'll let y'know how this pacing for the oldies goes. Either when we get back or on the run. I plan to call Brian as we go and he might be kind enought to provide a brief expedition update on the Forum.

Wait out...
Old 21 June 2003, 07:50   #4

Boat name: Spud
Make: BWM
Length: 5.75
Engine: Mariner 125
well we'll see how you are when you arrive down here

All the best for the trip guys

Least the weather is on your side.
Old 21 June 2003, 17:27   #5

Town: Newfoundland
Length: no boat
Blimey Mike,

1) You probably shouldnt post after drinking a bottle of whiskey and 2) wasnt that the night before you set off for Spain?!

Yes unfortunately I have finally made the hard decision to sell Blue Ice. The back problem is the major driver - its the fear of doing it in again that takes the edge off the enjoyment. I also bought Blue Ice precisely for the extended cruising that I now don't feel comfortable with doing. So rather than having a lot of dosh tied up in a boat I can't use to its full potential the only sensible move is to sell her to someone who will use her to her potential.

I'm not giving up Ribbing for good though. Still will go ribbing with friends and in the future who knows I might well be back in the game. But for now the future probably involves the slower pace of the rag 'n' stick brigade. Selling up and sailing away? We'll see..........

Alan + Laura.