Make: Scorpion 9m
Length: 9m +
Engine: Yamaha 421STI
MMSI: Yeah right!
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by whackywoody View Post

Wednesday is big meeting day and can't get the time off
No need to have time off. Dial in on a video-conference call from the beach at Ty Coch....I'll hold the camera for 30 mins; job done
Old 02 September 2014, 19:52   #22

Town: Newcastle, Staffs
Boat name: Duma
Make: Shearwater Cutter
Length: 6m +
Engine: Yamaha 200hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrowboy View Post
Two for now buddy. The big one's not a realistic proposition to beach launch or manhandle on my own up in Scotland on this forthcoming trip oooop norf and I want to keep Lynn interested in ribbing, not stood in the water up to her wotsits trying to hold the ar$e end of a big rib in the tide, whilst I try and winch it onto the trailer, etc.

Provided the weather plays ball we're doing the wild bits of the Western Isles this month, not slipway launching and recovering at marinas, so we'll take the SR with us on this trip. To be honest I love the boat and it's difficult to imagine more smiles per mile but I've bought the bigger one to provide a bit more comfort for the Leader of the Opposition when at anchor and to bring some longer trips into the equation for which I'd need radar/want AIS, more range, more speed available in bigger seas and a degree more comfort underway on longer journeys etc, etc. Weekend running to the Isle of Man, Dublin, etc are on the 'to do' list next year.

I also need a project each winter to keep the lights in the man cave burning so for the time being, two boats, but I can see the SR going once I've got the big one sorted to be honest.

Hope you enjoy yourself in Scotland. We are just building up our confidence and getting to know our new RC and if the timing etc is right would love to join you on a longer trip. Look forward to seeing your progress. I guess you must really pleased with your new ribeye. Whats the size etc?