Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17 December 2016, 12:13   #1
Country: USA
Town: Jensen Beach
Make: West Marine
Length: 3m +
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 1
Interested in repairing RIB's, need used glue, paint, inflatables


I'm new to repairing older RIB's. For example, I have a 1994 Mostro Alliance 10' RIB. I could repair/patch it up and paint it, but would prefer to completely replace the inflatable part. The fiberglass hull and transom are in perfect shape. First, how could I go about getting just the inflatable portion(new or good cond) to then re-fit onto the boat? The company is now out of business. Any tips? Also, I would be interested in buying any remaining hypalon paint(Tuff coat, etc.), and glue, patches, from someone that didn't use a full gallon etc. All of those things are so expensive new. I figure that I could save some $$ and take it off someone's hands that didn't use all of their paint, glue. Many thanks for any tips.

dscopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2016, 15:19   #2
cgoing's Avatar
Country: USA
Town: Connecticut
Make: Zodiac
Length: 6m +
Engine: Undecided
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 633

Well there are some aftermarket tube manufacturers in a Florida who can build new tubes for you. However on a 10' open rib it may not be cost effective to do so. One place you can check with would be inflatablemarlinservices. They do have a website with all contact info.

Good luck
cgoing is offline   Reply With Quote


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:50.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.