Old 08 May 2005, 00:24   #1

Town: swampscott
Make: ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: outboard' 100 4st
i'm the customer dctucker spoke of

new to site as member .. thought i'd log on to clear up the mess on the boat i'm selling. A 2002 ribcraft 5.85 w 100 hp 4 stroke yamaha decked out to the hilt. Dctucker tried to respond but not all info is accurate. the boat is being sold by ribcraft usa for 35k. i have decided to keep the boat loaded with everthing i put on her. I bought her in summer of 03 new with about 20 demo hrs of on and it now has about 130. she is as new i am a fanatic about upkeep i hope to have more detailed pictures showing all the options up soon. there are currently a couple more pics on e-bay . please feel free to e-mail me directly @tunawishrp1@aol.com or i'll keep posted to this site. hope this clears thing up
Old 08 May 2005, 02:57   #2

Town: Los Angeles
Boat name: The Boot
Make: Avon SR4
Length: 4m +
Engine: 2000 Tohatsu 50
Hi Tunawish,

You might want to add the keyword boat in your Ebay title. As a constant Ebay browser myself I always type in the keywords "rib boat" and search only by title. Well I first usually type "Avon boat" then maybe "rib boat" second. But When I first did the search for "rib boat" no results came up for your item. Only because I knew your boat is a ribcraft did I find it..... I'm digressing but as a suggestion I would put the keyword "boat" in your title. Good luck selling your ribcraft.

boatster
boatster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 May 2005, 03:05   #3

Town: London
Boat name: event horizon
Make: Custom
Length: 9m +
Engine: inboard
ribsters in the USA

Bugger me with a fishfork there are more than two ribsters in the USA where are you guys we are based on in Isleworth florida
Old 10 May 2005, 03:09   #4

i'm in swampscott massachusetts a town over from Ribcraft usa factory in marblehead.
Old 10 May 2005, 03:48   #5

Town: London
Boat name: event horizon
Make: Custom
Length: 9m +
Engine: inboard
Located in Davenport Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunawish
i'm in swampscott massachusetts a town over from Ribcraft usa factory in marblehead.
We are here with our business and are based on the Butler chain of lakes. Have not seen that many Ribs in the USA especially quality outfits. Seem to be plenty of foam collar types down the Keys but apart from that not a lot.
Notice the price of boats out here is almost 60% cheaper than the UK and the outboards even more in some case. What a place to be What are Ribcraft coming out in USD say for their 6.5 mt over here ?
Old 10 May 2005, 19:57   #6

Town: Marblehead, MA
Boat name: Bouncy Pumpkin
Make: Avon Searider 5.4
Engine: Evinrude 90 E-TEC
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunawish
new to site as member .. thought i'd log on to clear up the mess on the boat i'm selling. A 2002 ribcraft 5.85 w 100 hp 4 stroke yamaha decked out to the hilt. Dctucker tried to respond but not all info is accurate. the boat is being sold by ribcraft usa for 35k. i have decided to keep the boat loaded with everthing i put on her. I bought her in summer of 03 new with about 20 demo hrs of on and it now has about 130. she is as new i am a fanatic about upkeep i hope to have more detailed pictures showing all the options up soon. there are currently a couple more pics on e-bay . please feel free to e-mail me directly @tunawishrp1@aol.com or i'll keep posted to this site. hope this clears thing up

Here's the ebay link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW
Old 10 May 2005, 20:01   #7

Town: Marblehead, MA
Boat name: Bouncy Pumpkin
Make: Avon Searider 5.4
Engine: Evinrude 90 E-TEC
Quote:
Originally Posted by REKRAP
Bugger me with a fishfork there are more than two ribsters in the USA where are you guys we are based on in Isleworth florida
And I'm in Marblehead, MA, home of the Ribcraft USA factory, though I own an ex-Coast Guard Avon Searider 5.4. I'll likely be down in St Petersburg and Miami with the RIB to coach sailing next winter. Where is Isleworth??
Old 11 May 2005, 01:26   #8

Town: earth
Boat name: which one
Make: several
Length: 7m +
Engine: outboards
I am new also to the forum. I actually came across your boat on the net last week. I see what you are asking on the ribcraft site and then i see your starting bid on ebay. What realistically are you looking for on the boat $$$ wise. ?

When you say side curtains to they enclose the helm area ?
Old 11 May 2005, 17:15   #9

Town: Portishead, Bristol
Boat name: "
Make: Ribcraft, Cowes Mari
Engine: Mercury 90hp 4-strok
Send a message via AIM to jools
WoW - interesting "roof" arrangement!!!

Put some sides on and its a Ribcraft 5.85 Cabin rib!!

Is that a factory fit option in the states?

Jools

ex Ribcraft 5.85 owner!!
Old 11 May 2005, 21:28   #10

t-top

i designed and had the top made locally by a fantastic welder. he really worked with me for months that first winter. it was a diffucult top with all the curves i wanted but it came out great. in fact Ribcraft usa now uses the same welder to fabricate all thier t-tops, a-frames etc.. for the surround i took it to a shop in R.I. who has done all my canvas over the years. he is also top notch but you pay pay pay.. tommorow all the detail photo's will be on the ebay site i just now e-mailed them to Ribcraft.
Old 11 May 2005, 21:32   #11

side curtains

magnet... yes the side curtains enclose the top 1/2 with a smile in the full hieght front section ... again you will see all the detail photo's tomorrow..
let me know if there are any further questions. I did all ther customizing myself after buying essentially a basic 5.85 from R/CUSA
Old 11 May 2005, 21:48   #12

magnet sorry i missed your other question I'm into the boat for mid 40'k
range. Given the as new and i mean as new if not better condition i wouldn't expect more than a 20-25 percent drop. she only has 130 hrs on her and the latest and best of electronics and stereo. i even came up with a fresh water flushing system that flushed the engine at the mooring after each use.
where are you located i will be more than happy to talk to you or you can talk to Ribcraft usa directly ask for brian she is being splashed into marblehead harbor in the next 2 days and will be ready for sea trial anytime after.
Old 11 May 2005, 23:16   #13

Tunawish,

That is one sweet looking rib. I wish I could afford to buy it. Can I ask, why are you selling it?

Boatster
Old 12 May 2005, 01:32   #14

thank you

boatster, thanks, i put a lot of time into getting it just the way i want. the ride is incredible it truly is the softest riding hull i've ever ridden in over the past 20 years...... she eats 4-6 footers for brkfst didn't think i'd ever sell her but with families things change somtimes faster than you like.. our new home in the country is taking up more time than i thought it would, It is a waste to let the boat sit there. i'm sure i'll regret it when she goes
ray
Old 12 May 2005, 04:05   #15

Good Luck Tunawish,

I hope you find a good buyer that will appreciate the work you've put into that boat.

Boatster
Old 13 May 2005, 03:37   #16

Town: earth
Boat name: which one
Make: several
Length: 7m +
Engine: outboards
TunaWish ,

I ended up buying another rib today, thanks for your response though and good luck . We are hoping the RIB will work out and plan on selling our other tugs and replacing them with ribs if they do as good a job as i expect they will