Old 01 December 2007, 07:15   #61

Town: Hamble
Length: 9m +
Yes, that one is, but Revenger could build an identical boat for you in the UK.
Old 05 December 2007, 19:21   #62

Town: Stockholm
Make: KR7
Length: 7m +
Engine: Evinrude 150 H.O
And your topspeed is? Why not tell us...
Old 05 December 2007, 20:06   #63

Town: Southampton
Boat name: Not sure yet:-)
Make: Revenger.
Length: 8m +
Engine: Inboard/Petrol/625hp
so far 88mph but hard up against the rev limiter,we also need to duct more air into the engine compartment to realise maximum power.
Gordon McMath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 December 2007, 21:59   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon McMath View Post
We are having Imco build us another drive which will give us the ability to raise our X height by another 3 inches if needed.Patience.
Is it 88mph after this changes?
Old 11 February 2008, 19:06   #65

Town: poole
Make: ring
Length: 5m +
Engine: 150xr2
Gordon McMath came to pay me a visit today and it was really great to see him, however he came in to show me his DVD of the revenger going through it's paces in Florida and DAM did it go through it's paces or WHAT...the GPS read 89+mph and the boat was as steady as a rock no chine riding whatsoever and it was pulling 60+ through the turns with no slipping out from it's stepped hull...Gordon said even in some really nasty rough stuff the boat can run 70mph just flying over the top, all in all very impressive and that Ilmor sounds lovellllly as it would with 625hp on tap...he also said it has run 92mph and with a bit more prop testing they are hopping to sign it off at 95mph not bad for a 29' boat with a water line length of 27' I'd say...The only thing I forgot to ask is what weight is the boat when achieving 90mph...VERY NICE I WANT
Old 12 February 2008, 08:54   #66

Town: Salcombe, Devon, UK
Boat name: BananaShark
Make: BananaShark
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2xYanmar 260 diesels
Tell him to put it on Youtube now!
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2008, 21:02   #67

We are trying to get our 12min tape/dvd transferred onto PAL from NTSC,& as soon as we succeed we will post it on Revengers site & you tube.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	92.7mph.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	32819   Click image for larger version

Name:	Revenger-Ilmor.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	32820   Click image for larger version

Name:	Look no hands.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	32821  
Old 12 February 2008, 21:14   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon McMath View Post
We are trying to get our 12min tape/dvd transferred onto PAL from NTSC,& as soon as we succeed we will post it on Revengers site & you tube.

Itīs a very nice looking RIB...
Old 12 February 2008, 21:31   #69

Just spoken to Bruce,he has posted this edited version,we will post the full 12 mins asap.

Old 12 February 2008, 21:47   #70

We have also had this write up on offshore only from an ex racer friend of Bruce's.

DMOORE
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by DMOORE

12-04-2007, 09:11 PM #17
mjw930
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Posts: 58 I had the opportunity to spend a couple hours aboard this Revenger 29 (30') rigged with an Ilmor 625 and and IMCO drive package Sunday.

We decided to take advantage of the relatively rough conditions and went outside to see how it handles 5' - 7' offshore conditions. All I can say is WOW! The boat tracked perfectly through the slop with minimal pounding and a COMPLETELY DRY ride, not one drop of water inside the boat or on the passengers.

Performance was impressive with nice re-entry and absolutely no flexing. The boat flies pretty much level and handles quartering seas without a hitch. The tube seems to provide a surface that rights the boat whenever you get pitched left or right and absorbs a decent amount of energy on re-entry, especially if you aren't running directly into or with the seas. It was the levelest ride I've had in those conditions in a 30' boat. The boat road and handled like a much larger boat. In fact, at one point, running in quartering seas at about 50 mph I looked over and Bruce didn't even have his hands on the wheel. The boat simply goes where you point it and is one of the easiest boats to drive in these conditions.

Inside we did some speed and handling runs. The boat is still being dialed in so they haven't reached top speed but under less than ideal conditions with 3 men and 3/4 tank of fuel the boat was solidly into the upper 80's on GPS. The boat runs best with the drive level, over trim provides no advantage on this hull. With the motor trimmed level it pops out of the hole with minimal bow rise so you don't have to tuck it in to get out of the hole It's one of the few performance boats I've been on that doesn't require constant attention to trim. Another interesting thing, it actually ran 2 mph FASTER with me on board than it did the day before with only 2 people. The Ilmor package is between 200 - 300 lbs lighter than the diesel package the UK boats are rigged with so they are still working out the COG. As odd as it may sound they might need to add 200 lbs to the rear of the boat to hit their 90 mph target. A more permanent solution may be to reposition the rear fuel tank. A high performance boat that goes faster with more weight. I wonder how THAT would play in weight restrictedly racing classes

Handling was very good with 50 - 70 mph turns carving a nice arc with no significant slip. This ventilated hull tracks and handles like the best traditional deep V's.

As for construction the boat is perfectly finished, rivaling some of the best construction I've ever seen. The engine compartment is sealed and the deck is self bailing. You could punch a hole in the bottom and take on enough water so the only thing holding the boat up is the tube and it will still run. At speed the hull will self bail like a modern fishing boat. Try that in a traditional offshore boat......

Overall I thoroughly enjoyed the day. I know RIB's are very popular everywhere except in the US AND that the performance boat market has never seen anything like this so they have an up hill battle but for someone looking for something different it's worth a look.

I'll get the disclaimer out of the way, I have no affiliation with GB Performance Marine although I am a longtime friend and customer of Bruce Baker and Express Engines. Bruce is a partner in GB Performance Marine and is responsible for the rigging and setup.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by mjw930 : 12-04-2007 at 09:16 PM.
Old 12 February 2008, 23:34   #71

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Engine: Suzuki DT225
WOW - and what a sound!!!

Revengers must be good if even fjordrafting haven't broken one yet!!!
Old 13 February 2008, 12:30   #72

Nice full volume fly by for the blow boaters!
Old 13 February 2008, 12:57   #73

must be a bit buttock clenching at 90+mph in an open boat under 30', guess the only other person to know what it's like is you Cookee...I have to say that is one faaaaast boat
Old 13 February 2008, 13:04   #74

Don't know about buttock clenching - it looked very stable to me - couldn't believe they could focus on the speedo and keep the camera still. I LOVE Revenger hulls.
Old 13 February 2008, 13:40   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribit View Post
must be a bit buttock clenching at 90+mph in an open boat under 30', guess the only other person to know what it's like is you Cookee...I have to say that is one faaaaast boat
Not that bad really - it's what you're used to. We make a 60+ mph sub 8 metre RIB that you can turn at full speed and take your hands of the wheel flat out in calm conditions - the race boat is very stable at over 90 mph - Coniston had gusty side winds, and it only require very small corrections to the wheel to keep it stable, but I am very used to driving that boat fast! By the way on the record runs I had plenty of time to check revs and water pressure as well as trim and lifter positions during the runs, don't forget the luxury you have on record runs is that you won't meet anyone coming the other way!

The Revenger is a longer boat with a good strong motor with HP and Torque, so you don't have to "hang it out" to get those speeds I would imagine, so if it's flat or a little choppy those speeds would be surprisingly comfortable I would think - those hulls are successful for a reason!
Old 13 February 2008, 16:50   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn View Post
Don't know about buttock clenching - it looked very stable to me - couldn't believe they could focus on the speedo and keep the camera still. I LOVE Revenger hulls.
Gordon did say to me you could take your hands off the wheel and it would track strait at very fast speeds...he also said besides the wind pressure videoing was quite easy...knowing Gorden his next project will probably be sticking a 1500hp gas turbine in one
Old 13 February 2008, 18:11   #77

Town: Bristol
Make: Ribcraft
Engine: Yamaha
what an awesome boat!!!
Old 13 February 2008, 18:58   #78

91mph was achieved with 35-40 US galls of fuel,anchor & chain in the bow locker,spare life jackets,spare fire extinguisher & two slightly over weight people.
92.7 mph achieved with only one driver but with the same equipment/fuel etc.
Old 13 February 2008, 18:59   #79

Gas turbine in a rib Mmmm
Old 13 February 2008, 19:18   #80

Sod that stick a Rolls Royce Merlin it it!!!