Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 23 March 2007, 15:44   #1
Member
 
The Grocer's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Kildonan, Arran
Boat name: Cowal (& Bennan)
Make: Quinquari Humber/RC
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki DF150/DF175x2
MMSI: 235036953
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 296
If anyone is interested...

...in a one way trip from Ballachulish to Arran (with possible diversions) would you pm me asap.

1) First crew is being made to work by his sergeant;


2) Back-up crew's prize sheep is sick (don't ask);


3) I'm setting off to Ballachulish Sunday pm by ferry/train/coach, intending to come back Monday/Tuesday.

Met forecast is good, tides are OK and the beer is warm.
__________________

__________________
Russell
The Grocer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2007, 15:57   #2
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Ayrshire
Boat name: Raven
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: 150 suzuki
MMSI: 235040525
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 653
If i'd known a bit earlier, you could have come over on the ferry to ardrossan, and we could have travelled to Ballachulish in my RIB to make it a going and a coming trip

Sorry to hear about the back up crews sheep getting a geko on one would indeed be a bugger.

Cheers,

Iain.




Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grocer View Post
...in a one way trip from Ballachulish to Arran (with possible diversions) would you pm me asap.

1) First crew is being made to work by his sergeant;


2) Back-up crew's prize sheep is sick (don't ask);


3) I'm setting off to Ballachulish Sunday pm by ferry/train/coach, intending to come back Monday/Tuesday.

Met forecast is good, tides are OK and the beer is warm.
__________________

__________________
.
IBWET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2007, 16:13   #3
Member
 
The Grocer's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Kildonan, Arran
Boat name: Cowal (& Bennan)
Make: Quinquari Humber/RC
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki DF150/DF175x2
MMSI: 235036953
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBWET View Post
If i'd known a bit earlier, you could have come over on the ferry to ardrossan, and we could have travelled to Ballachulish in my RIB to make it a going and a coming trip
Good idea - but why the ferry: you'd pass my front door on the way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBWET View Post
Sorry to hear about the back up crews sheep getting a geko on one would indeed be a bugger.
Bad enough with wellies (or so I'm told...)
__________________
Russell
The Grocer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2007, 18:42   #4
Member
 
Bigmuz7's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Glasgow
Boat name: stramash
Make: Tornado
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 90
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,068
Warm beer Sorry .. i'll be busy
__________________
Bigmuz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2007, 04:45   #5
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Ayrshire
Boat name: Raven
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: 150 suzuki
MMSI: 235040525
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 653
Yep,

I'm 15 degrees north. Thought for a minute the girlyboy option of the crinan was being suggested....... long way. still would have been up for it though.

Warm beer got to agree there with bigmuz there , it dosen't involve real ale cardigans and beards does it





[QUOTE=The Grocer;192172] Good idea - but why the ferry: you'd pass my front door on the way!
__________________
.
IBWET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2007, 05:12   #6
Member
 
The Grocer's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Kildonan, Arran
Boat name: Cowal (& Bennan)
Make: Quinquari Humber/RC
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki DF150/DF175x2
MMSI: 235036953
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBWET View Post
Yep,

I'm 15 degrees north. Thought for a minute the girlyboy option of the crinan was being suggested....... long way. still would have been up for it though.

Warm beer got to agree there with bigmuz there , it dosen't involve real ale cardigans and beards does it
15 degrees N of me!
That's the far side of Tromso!

I guess you meant 15 minutes?

As for the cut...

...it'd be quicker to swim, even with(out) a lifejacket.

How about I don't sing, I don't wear cardigans and I can find the on switch to the beer cooler.

But I ain't shaving for no one!
__________________
Russell
The Grocer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2007, 06:10   #7
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Ayrshire
Boat name: Raven
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: 150 suzuki
MMSI: 235040525
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 653
Tony Tromso is my neighbour...



Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grocer View Post
15 degrees N of me!
That's the far side of Tromso!

I guess you meant 15 minutes?

As for the cut...

...it'd be quicker to swim, even with(out) a lifejacket.

How about I don't sing, I don't wear cardigans and I can find the on switch to the beer cooler.

But I ain't shaving for no one!
__________________
.
IBWET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2007, 16:26   #8
Member
 
The Grocer's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Kildonan, Arran
Boat name: Cowal (& Bennan)
Make: Quinquari Humber/RC
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki DF150/DF175x2
MMSI: 235036953
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 296
I'm back...

...safe & sound, but absolutely cream crackered.

Somewhere over there >>>
is a glass of wine with my name on it.

Piccies tomorrow.
__________________
Russell
The Grocer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2007, 17:22   #9
Member
 
The Grocer's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Kildonan, Arran
Boat name: Cowal (& Bennan)
Make: Quinquari Humber/RC
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki DF150/DF175x2
MMSI: 235036953
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 296
Some photos now in the gallery, as promised.

Enjoy!
__________________
Russell
The Grocer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2007, 18:53   #10
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Ayrshire
Boat name: Raven
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: 150 suzuki
MMSI: 235040525
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 653
Good photee's

I indeed did sail right by your front door yesterday and today,

set of at 4.05pm from Largs arrived Ballycastle northern Ireland 6.30 yesterday.

Left ballycastle 3.00pm arrived Largs 6.30. 168 nm covered 163 ltrs used over the two days.

Huge rollers coming in from the atlantic in the north channel. travelled home up the west side of your island.
From Campbelltown to lochranza it was really big seas, so very tired (wife said I was moving like one of the thunderbirds puppets when I got off the boat). Ribcraft's Rib handled it easily.





Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grocer View Post
Some photos now in the gallery, as promised.

Enjoy!
__________________

__________________
.
IBWET is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:36.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.